Is there evidence about Jaracz?

by Gorbatchov 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    I strongly dislike Leo Greenlees, Ted Jaracz, the GB & the WTS.

I think most of us do, but some allow that dislike to cloud their judgement - they are so keen to see scandal that they see it everywhere and can't look objectively at the evidence.

If the evidence isn't there or isn't sufficient then it's a rumour at best and slander / libel at worse.

It can also become background noise that dulls people to paying attention to legitimate accusations.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Thanks for the answers to my question. No evidence.

G.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Half banana it was not Jaracz that did this to me. His last name was Stutler sp?. This happen around 1965 or 1966 in Central ILLINOIS. Still Totally ADD

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Was Ted Jaracz removed as branch overseer in Australia? Is that verifiable? If so, do we know the reason why he was removed?

• Half banana
    Half banana

Thank you for the clarification STADD.

@Simon, of course you are right, rumour is not evidence and should not be the basis for accusations. However we must investigate and put all the information into the open.

Regarding the woman who claimed to have been abused by Jaracz we are all in the same bind as JW org all too readily promotes that there needs to be a witness to the abuse which there never is. Without record of a forensic interview with the alleged victim, and with this distance in time, we will probably never know.

There remain the questions of why Jaracz was demoted and why was he the leading proponent of the unreasonable and hurtful cult protecting rule of "two witnesses". Only a person who has something to hide or who is totally insensitive to victims of the religion would do such a thing.

From his personality assessment it seems he was a company man through and through which means he would be useful to the org whatever he might have or not have done "two or three years before" and keep the approval of the remaining officers of HQ. (I refer here to the Watchtower around the same time introducing the new half hearted notion of forgiveness by means of appearing to have made a mistake but carrying on with evidence of Jehovah's blessing.)

• Half banana
    Half banana

I was interrupted and didn't edit my last sentence--I meant to say that where an individual had committed a sin, confessed and then went on serving the org with blessings from God (how do you measure that?) then it was overlooked. Plenty of ambiguity here for high ranking sex abusers to remain anonymous I think.

Indeed there are rumours-- but sometimes it is possible to read between the lines. The ARC recognised that the JW org has an in-house system in place which purportedly deals with child abuse but conceals the identity of of the abusers and ignores the welfare of the victims.

Whoever instituted this arrangement (was Jaracz behind it?) must be culpable along with the governing body who willingly perpetuate it.

• Simon
    Simon
    rumour is not evidence and should not be the basis for accusations. However we must investigate and put all the information into the open.

I doubt anyone of us has the capability to investigate an allegation of a crime that took place in the 50's made by someone who's been dead for some time. It would be a challenge even if you had the resources of the FBI at your disposal.

Without record of a forensic interview with the alleged victim, and with this distance in time, we will probably never know.

We do know that there is no evidence that it took place, just the allegation.

Indeed there are rumours ...

It doesn't make them valid, especially when the rumours are being spread by 'us'. People can now refer to this thread which becomes evidence of the 'rumours' ... does it add anything to the evidence draw? Nope, it's still empty.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yeah, probably best to not call Jaracz a "sex offender" (maybe "alleged offender").

"Authoritarian asshole", though? Go to town.

If there's any justice to the universe, he and Rutherford are cellmates in Hell.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If Jaracz was really removed as branch overseer in Australia, there must still be some people around who remember why. That would be the place to start. Other things may not be verifiable, but that seems achievable to find out.

• Londo111
    Londo111

If I understood what I read from Barbara's latest book, the allegation goes that Jaracz was removed in Australia from the branch. However, years later, Knorr told him he could enter the traveling work if he married.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit