A Beautiful Mind

by LittleToe 38 Replies latest social entertainment

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I've just watched "A Beautiful Mind", with Russell Crowe, on video.

I loved it, even though I was moved to tears. Believe me when I say that's an accolade. Last time I got near to that was seeing "Dead Poet's Society" and "Awakening" with Robin Williams, on the big screen (1989/90 respectively?)

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I'm intrigued, LT...now I've gotta go see it.....btw...I think it's the color or your hair that reminds me of my son....his hair is reddish blonde, but receding......

Frannie B

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hey Littletoe,

We have very similar interests in movies as well as our emotional reactions to the three you mentioned.

You need to go see Good Will Hunting if you haven't seen it yet. You friend Robin Williams plays a truely inspired character in this one too.

Jst2laws

• shamus
    shamus

A great movie. A must see for everyone on the planet, to find out what people with mental illness really experience!

A true story. Millions around the earth suffer from this disease... remember that.

Shamus.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Good film.

• teejay
    teejay

A film that, for me, was analogous to the way I sometimes have to fight against the persistent demons I will likely forever carry from my life in the bOrg.

A great movie. One of the best I've ever seen.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Yep... it's a great movie.

• wednesday
    wednesday

it was a great movie and btw, so were the two other ones u mentioned(i esp liked the "awekening").

.. A terrible tragedy, more reserach should be put into mental illness b/c so many suffer from this and related illness.

My mother suffered from a form of schiz. it took her away from us, and now there is no new system to bring her back to and see her "well". a sad life.

weds

• Robdar
    Robdar

The movie was riveting until the end. Crowe is a great actor. The thing that ruined it for me was that stupid, sappy speech where Nash (Crowe) said that love saved him. Yeah right. By the way, Nash never said that. I thought the ending was a shameless ploy to try to get me to cry. I think Nash's story deserved better than this.

Robyn

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Loved the movie but would have preferred if the ending was real instead of a fabrication

Otherwise it was excellent

Loved all of the other movies mentioned here too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit