Elder continues serving as elder after his daughter got disfellowshipped!

by hardtobeme 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nelim
    nelim
    Why would you want him to be dropped? For this reason? The daughter has her own life and choices, and the father might be serving the congregation well. Why care so much about it? Shouldn't there much more fuss about this daughter's life possibly being ruined? Depending on how many friends she has outside JW, her life could be very hard for quite a while. And in terrible circumstances, even 6 months seems like an eternity!
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    What do you guys think about it?

I try not to think of it

Is it possible that this brother continues to serve as an elder?

It's the desicion of the biggest bully on the BOE as to who serves and who gets persecuted.

If not, are there articles from the WT to debunk this brother?

I think we all know that the WBT$ covers itself. For every article implying a debunk, there'll be one implying no debunk.

Currently, there are 5 elders in the congregation.

That's probably the sum total of attendance the cult meetings get.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer
    I find it strange that this elder wasn't removed from his position. Usually that's what always happens. I've attended a Spanish congregation for most of my life and I've never heard of them letting someone slip by. He's probably favored or protected by the other elders. Although I have heard of elders where they ride back to position or get privileges back in a short amount of time.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Boy do I ever feel sorry for this kid. The poor thing could be that desperate to drive her family out of the cult, who knows?

If, I say if, its not gossip and she is looking for love in all the wrong places the worse thing they can do is shun her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit