Revelation - it's grand climax is at hand

by Listener 78 Replies latest watchtower bible

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    Dunedain
    Can you guys clarify what is meant by types and anti-types, and what the WTS has said about it not being scriptural? I havnt heard about that yet. I appreciate it guys, thanks.

Here you can find the "questions from readers" article (WT 2015-03-15) with the "new light":

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2015204

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i think the opening post to this thread is totally lost on most of the repliers. lol.

maybe someone could post the deaf masturbation video link at this stage. they might then get the point.

• Divergent
    Divergent

The title was a big disappointment. Nothing in that book made me climax! =P

More like an anti-climax to me

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, when that book is read WITHOUT the witness goggles on, the shear silliness and audacity of application is mind blowing....

And it is amazing that such a "staple" book that was studied for years at least three times, is now just discarded.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I hadn't seen the article of 3/15/15 wt which negates the type-anti types. That' s very recent!

I had noticed that they had not mentioned it for some years ( usually a tip-off that a change is coming), but had not seen an official retraction.

This change illustrates how the religion is not the same anymore. Types were a staple of many religions, not just JWs, for years. It was the underlying basis for most of the books 30's thru 70's.

no wonder they don't have much to write about anymore.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Anti-types and the interpretations of visions in Revelation are two different things, no? I didn't know they had renounced their vision explanations.
  • steve2
    steve2

Right SBF - they are different - but both figure strongly in the organization's self-image.

Speaking of which - and prompted by an above post - I wonder when was the most recent time a JW organization publication featured Rutherford in a fulfillment of Revelation?

Thst always struck me as terribly narcissistic, feeding Ruthergord's own claim he was Jehovah's modern-day spokesman, although he paid token reference to the collective "we".

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What Steve2 said.

Yes, they are technically different, but the entrenched typology bled into all aspects of JW dogma. The meaning of the Revelation prophecies were stained by typology. Now the stains cannot be removed, no matter how much the WTBTS tries to whitewash their doctrine.

Jwism is built entirely upon typology, because it's founders were entrenched in Adventism. Adventism cannot "jive" without types/anti-types. Now, the best the WTBTS can do, is to try and create an alternate timeline and reality for their sheeple. They began this process by kicking CTR out of the FDS club.

Given enough time, Rutherfraud must also be kicked out, because he is now the original FDS and his dogma was bat-shit crazy too. This is not a problem for the WTBTS, because it's their standard operating procedure to move the goalpost. 30 years from now, the FDS might be Mark Sanderson, who the hell knows??

DD

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    "Its grand climax at hand!" was 28 years ago!
  • steve2
    steve2

Jwism is built entirely upon typology, because it's founders were entrenched in Adventism. Adventism cannot "jive" without types/anti-types. Now, the best the WTBTS can do, is to try and create an alternate timeline and reality for their sheeple. They began this process by kicking CTR out of the FDS club.

Given enough time, Rutherfraud must also be kicked out, because he is now the original FDS and his dogma was bat-shit crazy too.

Astute observations DATA-DOG. It's analogous to pruning a diseased tree in the hope of saving it. Trouble is, the disease continues from the roots up, so no amount of pruning will save it.

Okay they come out and say types and antitypes do not apply in our day and age. Which leaves completely unadressed the inummerable teachings based on types and antitypes. For instance, look at their very detailed explanations of events that happened to and in the organization during and immediately after World War One - these events supposedly spiritually legitimated its role in modern-day fulfilment of Bible prophecy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit