Simple Question Re 1914

by Slidin Fast 540 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton
    the Flood came and swept them all away, so the Parousia of the Son of man will be.

Fm: there definitely was no deluge as defined in scripture. no ark, so, there is your defining parameter of the Parousia. priceless.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Fisherman

And your point is...?

I notice you did not bother to quote the critical verses that show that the timing of the Parousia would not be known. Let me highlight them for you.

Note that Jesus ' Parousia would take place in normal times, while unsuspecting people were having fun, not during a world War.

36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
    37But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
    38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
    39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
    40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
    41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
    42Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
    43But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
    44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Evidently God wanted the Faithful to be on the alert down through the ages so no date was provided to us and no signs given.

And when the Parousia does occur it will come as a snare on the whole earth and will be clear to everyone. And it will be visible as the angels said at the Lord's ascension.
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi DJW

I believe Jesus encouraged them to pray for mitigating factors for their escape from Jerusalem's destruction. The gates of the city would be locked on the Sabbath and restrictions were placed on travel on the Sabbath for those in Judaea. Of course winter's cold would inhibit escape as well. And mothers with babies would have great difficulty making it to the safety of the mountains beyond Judaea.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

And your point is...?

The rest of the Bible (that you always ignore when focusing on a verse that seems to say what you like to believe.) describes the Paraousia like the days of Noah. People ignored Noah a preacher of righteousnes and his ark building. The parousia like the days of Noah includes more than the flood and more than the tribulation and the rock that hits people on the head. The axiomatic point is that the Parousia is similar to the days if Noah.

You fail to see that during the days of Noah SEEmed to be ordinary to people who took no note—but Noah knew that his days were not ordinary. The days of the Parousia are similar. So contradicting your beliefs, the Scriptures show that the Parousia includes a period of time when there was an Elephant in the room and nobody noticed until the gt hits them over the head and the tribes beat themselves in lamentation when they see miraculous proof.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    I believe Jesus encouraged them to pray for mitigating factors for their escape from Jerusalem's destruction.

YOUR flight”

Individuals cannot count on blanket salvation for everybody.— “Woe to the pregnant women .” which is an allusion to the days of Noah taking no notice. So, prayer involves a relationship with God and being heard by him. So as I explained earlier Jesus was using a literary device to show that individuals needed God’s help. The verse says YOUR flight doesn’t occur on the Sabbath although the Sabbath is the same day for everybody else so the use of the word Sabbath is poetic as applied to the individual.

• waton
    waton

JW scholar, Fisherman,

the simple truth about 1914, the generation after that date as the anointed, is a late, false concept. because:

Jesus specified that the generation would pass away after all these things had occurred, but wt insists that the generation of 1914, the anointed, will have to pass to heaven at the outset of all these things, aka The Great Tribulation. further:

the "chosen ones' " living flesh has to be saved by a shortened GT, but wt now teaches the remains of the immortal ones will be disposed of by angels, (like Jesus'). A short and sweet GT will be immaterial to the departed, except it will cut short their combat training for the battle of A.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@Fisherman

Sorry, but you are speaking gobbledygook. Try making sense.

Note that Jesus ' words. The Parousia would take place in normal times, while unsuspecting people were having fun, not during a world War. No man would be aware as in the days of Noah. Of course Jesus had no idea that Barbour and Russell could figure 1874 out. Trust the scriptures, not your organizations speculations.

36¶But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.37But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.42Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.43But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
    44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@ Fisherman

Sorry, but you are still speaking gobbledygook. Try making sense.

How are you praying that your flight will not be in winter or on a Sabbath Day? Let me start the prayer for you...

"Dear Jehovah, when I flee Jerusalem and head for the mountains beyond Judea, please let it not be......."

Finish that will you... without more gobbledygook!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    The Parousia would take place in normal times, while unsuspecting people were having fun, not during a world War.

No. I already explained that it would seem like normal times to people who took no note. If actually normal times nothing to notice.

Note: The normal times have to do with God’s time table and fulfillment of Bible prophecy so wars and all the other signs seem unventful.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Fisherman,

<<No. I already explained that it would seem like normal times to people who took no note. If actually normal times nothing to notice.>>

The point is that the people in Noah's day were carrying on as normal totally unaware of the coming deluge or they would have prepared for it. The same will be the case when at the coming (Parousia) of Christ. It will be a complete surprise (the timing unknown to believers as well.)

"In a time that you think not, the Son of Man will come.

35 For it will come on all those who live on the face of the whole earth. 36 Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit