Survey: Are you Agnostic or Atheist or Christian?

by Iamallcool 54 Replies latest jw friends

• A Believer
    A Believer

I'm a Jehovah witness Christian.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Agnostic. I truly hope there is a God out there. But I certainly do not believe in a personal god.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Jehovah witness Christian.

is that another new religion ?

• A Believer
    A Believer

Jehovah witnesses are Christians in that we follow christ.

• Sorry
    Sorry

At this time I'm my life, I'm agnostic. But I always have my mind open.

• blondie
    blondie

Define what you mean by those terms....

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

agnostic.

• NotNew
    NotNew

I currently believe there is/was a creator...but not a god as instructed to believe by my JW upbringing. So that would make me an atheist to the long held belief in a loving god!

• Saename
    Saename

Ha! Agnostic atheist. Not many of them around here, eh?

(How I define it: We cannot know for sure whether god exists (agnosticism.) We have no evidence, and, as of now, evidence is impossible to obtain. Because I don't know whether god exists, and because I have no evidence, I have no belief in god (atheism.) It's not that I believe god doesn't exist; it's that I have no belief in god. This is why I can define myself as an agnostic atheist. If you disagree with me on this, it doesn't really matter. It's just a label. My beliefs will still remain the same regardless of how I am labelled—namely that we cannot know whether god exists, that we have no evidence of god's existence, and that I have no belief in god.)

Edit: I should make clear that when I refer to god, I speak of some sort of higher power—not a Christian God, Islamic Allah, or whatever else, just a higher power. Additionally, when I say that I have no belief in god, I mean that I have an absence of belief.

• cofty
    cofty

Atheist.

There is no god. We can know this beyond all reasonable doubt.

By "god" I assume you mean the god of christian theism - the god and father of Jesus.

If you include some vague notion of a "higher power" then who knows or cares?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit