Survey: Are you Agnostic or Atheist or Christian?

by Iamallcool 54 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

So is the Christian god the only choice? I hated being defined by other jws or listening to them judge others responses, jw or not. So what is the point here?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Christian

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Deist - believes in an impersonal god.

Theist - believes in a personal god.

Atheist - lacks belief in any god.

Maybe these are simple definitions but I think they're accurate. And please, please note that lack of belief in god is not the same thing as believing there is no god.

• flipper
    flipper

Agnostic. Like the comedian Bill Maher- I'm of the school " I don't know " . And I'm happy to be in that school and it doesn't bother me in the least to " not know " . Won't affect how I live my life . Nobody has all the answers. We learn about life as we go along and live it

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

So flipper, how do your agnostic views differ from my atheist ones? What's the difference?

• Funchback
    Funchback

I am without labels.

• prologos
    prologos

I am adeist. The creator can only be known by observing creation. he does not reveal or violates created laws. All we need is to work with what we have been given. We live in a cathedral. enjoy it.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Agnostic here.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

As people who have moved from a faith position to another or to none at all, we migjt be especially aware of the many shades between belief and non-belief.

Believers themselves experience doubt all the time. Faith and doubt are so closely connected they simply cannot be separated, like two sides of a coin. In some ways doubt is an expression of deep faith. In the sense that the anxiety that surrounds the very concept of "doubt" can only really visit those who take their faith very seriously in the first place.

I have moved beyond having mere doubts. I have become skeptical about human knowledge itself. More than simply having the wrong answers, it is not clear that humans are able to ask the right questions.

A dog can't do calculus and a cat can't budget for his cat food. How do we even know whether we are asking the right questions regarding "God"? If we are the products of a blind evolutionary processes, then what possible suvival function would be provided by being able to ask and offer answers for ultimate questions?

How do we know our mutteeings about God or not-God make any more sense than a wolf howling at the moon?

This is what I mean by calling myself agnostic.

• evilApostate
    evilApostate

Agnostic.

In a way everyone is a bit agnostic if you really think about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit