The Label Of "Apostate" And It's Effects

by pale.emperor 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Pale Emperor - "I sometimes wonder if the GB or their helpers know exactly what they're doing when it comes to psychological manipulation."

Nope, but I am convinced that the real high-control group leaders - the faceless and nameless ones who in reality master the multi-billion dollar cult - have over the decades employed the services of individuals who advised/directed on the use of psychological techniques.

It's been said before - it's totally ludicrous to think that the 8 king-priests in Warwick (KP) could run a bath, let alone a billion dollar corporation.

Remember KP NUTS? Well that's who JW's have ruling them - 8 self-serving nuts!

• sir82
    sir82

You just can't assemble this monstrous cult by pure chance.

I see your point, but...

There have been hundreds, probably thousands, of religious cults, and hundreds or thousands of other kinds of cults (political, celebrity, etc.) stretching over centuries.

Virtually all of them do or have done the exact same things that the WTS does.

Did their leaders, over many centuries, all study "build a cult 101"?

My point is - JWs are not unique. We might tend to think they are, because they touched us personally. But really, they are a drop in a bucket.

The GB may be evil (or another word of your choice), but they are not uniquely evil. They did not set out to do evil. Their attempts to maintain control and power result in evil.

It might be a fine line, but I can distinguish it.

It's manslaughter, not first degree murder. The end result is the same, but the motive is different.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Mostly we are still Christians, we're not leaving Christianity, therefore we're not 'apostates'. I don't hear a lot of 'apostate' talk in between Protestants and Catholics, maybe just fringe groups. I agree it's just a label.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

You'd be surprised at how many high level people are sociopaths and psychopaths. Get a few running the show behind the scenes and you have a religion that allows people to die of blood loss. Without remorse.

The GB are just being used by them. I see the GB as people who love themselves more than anything. They enjoy the perks of being worshiped, lots of good eating and more than all else, the feeling they get from being in the exclusive club of going to heaven to be with their "big" brother.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

ttdtt— I also at one time believed they were also captives, just at a higher level in the Collective. After discovering the multitude of misquotes and the intentional twisting of many quotes to support the cross or the Trinity or creation, I had to accept that someone in the highest level of the ivory towers of the watchtower KNOW that they are lying, conniving, and serving up fraudulent “spiritual food”.

To admi it is all a lie would cost them the carefree luxury lifestyle they have achieved. Thus they continue peddle what they know is BS and lie through their teeth about The End being near — very very near!

• humbled
    humbled
    Doc- I had to accept that someone in the highest level of the ivory towers of the watchtower KNOW that they are lying, conniving, and serving up fraudulent “spiritual food”.

The GB makes the centerpiece of the Religion all about being the “Truth” , being meticulous, convincing the r&f that they had “accurate knowledge”.

I sent some research that they looked over and agreed in every aspect. In accordance with their professed standards, this would have required changes. But instead they silence people. Throw it off and tell you you have a problem being”stumbled”.

They had no connection with God. No interest in God. Only crude power and control. It was amazing.

A Corporation

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think the Writing Department is filled with people adept at Loaded Language, use of Logical Fallacies, and the Art of Misquoting etc etc. The G.B approves this, and if not totally thick, or totally deluded believers, must realize what is going on.

Shortly after I woke up I thought to myself : " If they really believed they had the "truth" they would not write this way, it simply would not occur to them to do so."

As to the Label "Apostate" they have changed the meaning of the word to suit their own agenda of filling the JW Rank and File with extreme fear of anyone, or any published works, with that label stuck on them.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

1984 style

The GB are likely being used, though I also believe they are fully aware of how they manipulate, and rationalize it to themselves as being necessary.

I personally have a feeling there are powerful lawyers who "advise" and have full knowladge of this cash cow they are milking.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Watchtower go beyond religious freedom as it clearly teach their members to hate apostates (People who no longer believe their teachings). I believe that under the right set of circumstances and people, it would actually be possible to sue the Jehovah’s Witnesses (class action in the names of thousands of people who’s life were destroyed) for labeling.

See the following sample quote/name callings:

• Apostate does not have your well-being at heart.
    • Apostates feigning love
    • Apostate propaganda [..]‘s basis is envy and hatred
    • cunning spirit;
    • apostates are mentally diseased
    • They may pretend to care about others, but in reality, they are selfish.
    • presumptuous attitude to warp their thinking
    • Modern-day apostates display characteristics similar to those of the Devil
    • They are not interested in learning about Jehovah or in serving him.

It is one thing to say that ex-members now believe false teachings for which God will hold them accountable. It is another however to equate this to various vile motivations and personality traits.

Though the following would likely not stand in court, they do show their hatred towards ex-members.

• crafty […] false teachers;
    • corruptive ideas.
    • Use “counterfeit words/false arguments;
    • spread “deceptive teachings”;
    • “twisting . . . the Scriptures” to fit their own ideas.
    • Their twisted, poisonous reasoning can cause spiritual harm and can contaminate your faith like rapidly spreading gangrene.
    • become faithless apostate ridiculers.
    • spreading lies and misinformation
    • divert us from the road that leads to eternal life.
    • spiritually deadly.
    • turn away from even the thought of giving a listening ear to apostates.
    • The Devil may use […] apostate “ministers of righteousness” to deceive the unwary.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

DesirousOfChange - I have gone back and forth on that for the last few years. We may never really know.

Either way, they are a group of assholes who at least know they are BENDING the already noodle like scriptures to their own advantage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit