The Label Of "Apostate" And It's Effects

by pale.emperor 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The Apostate Governing Body—

On several occasions recently I have dropped a few seeds of discontent by asking if they think Joe Hoover would ever allow an apostate(s) to infiltrate the GB or those at the helm of WTS? Then I remind them it happened before in the 1980’s with Ray Franz. There were a lot of dramatic changes in that time (just like now) and many were later reversed. Could the WTS/GB be going through another apostate period?

NOTE— I’m not saying that I consider Ray to have been “apostate” but JWs do.

Just trying to sow some seeds of doubt and get people to question things.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

DesirousOfChange - I don't really agree with what you say though it sounds reasonable.

It would presuppose that all the GB for decades knows that the religion is BS, and they are running a global scam.

I think they are all true believers and are victims of victims, and are following a pretty well-established pattern set by many religions.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Desirous of Change: The Governing Body are "completely aware of what they are doing... They have a clear and determined plan."

I am SO glad someone finally said this. I agree wholeheartedly. This is carefully crafted manipulation and propaganda. One just has to look at the series of articles written by the Society warning AGAINST "worldly propaganda" and "manipulative techniques Satan's world uses" to know they are FULLY aware of what they're doing.

Furthermore, those in charge of discarding old publications or tampering with them to whitewash history (even the '75 drama that came out at a recent convention) are not ignorant of what they are doing.

I'm calling it: these men up the top are insidious, calculating and cunning. Some of you may think they're too dim-witted to carefully craft the divisiveness they've caused between JWs and everyone else in the world, but when you see the intricate legal wranglings and their masterful swapping of hats (for one issue in court, they hide behind religion/"Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses". For another issue, they front as a corporation. Recall how Gerritt Losch could honestly state he has nothing to do with "Watchtower"?)...

...You just can't assemble this monstrous cult by pure chance.

• Tallon
    Tallon
    ...You just can't assemble this monstrous cult by pure chance.

I agree with Wake Me's post. This so called 'Governing Body' are masters at deception. They and their cronies know exactly what they are doing.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    The Apostate Governing Body—

This is also my choice.

JoHo - One just has to look at the series of articles written by the Society warning AGAINST "worldly propaganda" and "manipulative techniques Satan's world uses" to know they are FULLY aware of what they're doing.

Good point. If these scam artists can warn against propaganda and the like, they know what it is and how to use it.............and use it they do. Evidently.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

If these scam artists can warn against propaganda and the like, they know what it is and how to use it.............and use it they do. Evidently.

The thing is though, when it comes to utilizing propaganda they're doing a crappy job of it. Look at the kind of propaganda Mao, Goebbels and the North Korean Kim dynasty have used. In North Korea people believed their "dear leader" controls the weather for crying out loud!

I think they're "having a bash at propaganda" but using it unskillfully - balls-ing it up. Sometimes they're quite good at it with their labels.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    paley - I think they're "having a bash at propaganda" but using it unskillfully - balls-ing it up. Sometimes they're quite good at it with their labels.

Good observation.

Looking at their lamentable and totally embarrassing to themselves broadcasts, I see why you'd say this. I haven't looked at a dublication...well....since the last time. I had a car that leaked. I used the dublications from the trolleys to soak up the wet.

On the one hand there is the propaganda techniques and the other nonsense that wakes people up to their scam. Maybe I'll never really know.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Absolutely, DOC and WakeMe

Whether it's the GB, the 'Service Desk', the 'Legal Department', the 'Writing department' or the 'guys behind the curtain' someone knows how to dot their 'i's' and cross their 't's.

Haven't you ever been bothered, when you were a JW, at all the senseless repetition of Bible dramas that emphasize how 'God's leaders, the ones he selected, like David, Moses, Saul' had to be forgiven for sins that we would have been killed for, and that we 'have to trust Jehovah to know what he's doing if he decides to let them live and forgive them'... and the WT goes on to explain that how we have to be loyal to those Jehovah uses.... No accident.

As I look back, I see how WT publications steered us into using new words/ phrases, adapting new ideas, using questions. "Doesn't it make sense? or "It makes sense..." "Jehovah appreciates it when"... and on and on...

WT started changing policies, prophecies and expectations years and years in advance.

Someone.... somewhere.... knows exactly what they are doing.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Someone.... somewhere.... knows exactly what they are doing.

I sometimes wonder if the GB are really running this circus? Could there be a 9th member above them all? Could there be just one GB member who's wide awake and manipulating the others?

This would make a great movie.

• cha ching
    cha ching

I am sure someone in the investment/financial department keeps an eye on the stats of how many JWs it takes to bring in so much money. They know that people leave every year... but that's ok, as long as they keep a certain balance.

Also, just like we have seen, they know that there is a certain part of the population that is braindead-numblessly following their lead, they clap at every announcement at a convention: "Don't we just loooooove this idea?" clap, clap, clap....

Personally, I have this idea that the Borganization is trying to slough off all of those that give them problems, wanting people to leave of their own volition. Why? Maybe so they don't keep up on the news about JWs and sue them? Maybe because they have their nest egg in N.Y. and have real estate,stocks and bonds to take care of them? I haven't quite figured out the 'why' of it, exactly... But that is one of the possibilities I am waiting to see how it plays out.

Maybe WT is trying to become a 'fader'? haha!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit