Dumb things JWs believed

by JimmyYoung 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ROAD TO NOWHERE:

It may be wise to keep an aversion to aluminum cookware since aluminum is not good for the body!.. I read it’s banned in some European countries..There might be those that say its ‘okay’ as long as you don’t cook acidic things.. But, why have it at all?

Decent brands are stainless steel and if there’s any aluminum it’s on the outside bottom conducting heat. But the rest inside is stainless steel.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

One elder in our cong.truly believed his wife got her periods twice a month ,good ploy ladies if you can get away with it ,she did.

She was always on deaths bed so to speak supposedly her body was filled with cancer and this elder who was also into new age medicines believed his wife could pass her cancer out on the toilet.

The funny thing is he knew the bible and could use it to his advantage I was with him one time when we called on a minister of religion and he ran rings around this Xian minister .

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Happy Dad can vouch for this one...

We had a brother that was obsessed with alternative medicine. He also claimed to be of the anointed and was a known drunk. Anyways, one of his most famous exploits was colloidal silver. He claimed he cured his wife of cancer with using it. Now, I know for a fact that his wife was suspected of having cancer, but her daughter said after having a follow up appointment, the doctor said she had fibroids in her breast, not cancer. But that didn't stop this brother for she endured two months of the colloidal silver treatments, actually turning somewhat grayish from it because he swore he could cure it. It was only with the intervention of her daughter to stop it that she began to get better (her daughter was PIMO at the time, now is POMO). After 6 months she was better and lo and behold, she was cured by his treatments. He became a sort of cult hero for some locally seeking alternative remedies after that. He actually ended up dying from trying to cure his own cancer many years latter. I remember his daughter telling me if he had seeked medical treatment when he was first diagnosed, he would have still been alive.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Interestingly my father had a law degree but turned homeopath. Memories. Now I remember a brother gave a talk where he apparently attacked alternative medicine. After the talk my offended father was comforted by likeminded believers. So many believed that stuff

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I knew one who would walk dangerous or lonely roads at night in total security because jehovah kept him in a safety bubble. ( I popped it one night and he walked home shitting his pants all the way)

he also believed that satan gave him flat tyres and red lights, jehovah gave him green lights

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

George Orwell got the title for his book 1984 by adding a generation - then believed to be a 70 year period - to 1914.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

So much of their dumb beliefs originate from old Watchtower literature like this;

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Here's another, and there's thousands in similar vein.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Cut up onion, not to fight flu viruses or bacteria, but overnight to end congestion and nose stuffiness because of a cold. It works every time.

Let me add a cure for hiccups. One heaping teaspoon of peanut butter. Works every time as well. How it works is a mystery to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit