Dumb things JWs believed

by JimmyYoung 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

NB ... Chiropractic treatment has done me the power of good , so it is not "wacky" in itself,

Witnesses are certainly open to strange ideas and non mainstream things. I put it down to being taught to not trust doctors ,over the blood issue. Also since Commerce and Politics are "in the power of the wicked one" , why believe what they say?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I was told that when Armeggadon comes, we (JW) all should go and hide in a remote island for Armeggadon to pass

Was told not to buy any stuff from the Christian Stores and to burn any that I have at home because its satanic.

Once a sister said that she bought a stuff from a Christian store and when she bought it home, her dog started barking at it. And then she realized it was Satanic and she got rid of that stuff.

Was advised by an Elder that whenever something comes up on the TV about evolution, either I should flip the channel or switch it off.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Speaking of Chiropractors There was a congregation I gave a public talk in Northwestern Pennsylvania. This would have been in 1962 or there about. Later on I learned that the Presiding Minister, who was a chiropractor, gave a very 'special adjustment' to a couple of married sisters.

A couple of Sisters? Goodness how did they sit in a KH and listen to this guy. Or meet and greet their fellow congregants?

I never followed up if all involved got divorced....... apparently the circuit wasn't in favor of letting people know about this.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Ok , I thought twice before posting this , but I swear this is true. Back in the day a sister I knew said that the best health treatment was a drink that is perfectly free and we all see it several times a day, she practiced urophagia.

That was drinking your own urine . She called it the "water of life"

I would NOT recommend it !

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

A doctor who practiced "bloodless" surgery once said to witnesses, "If you like your coffee, drink it... don't sit on it."

• JoenB75
    JoenB75
    I think many eastern alternative doctors would recommend urine drinking for recycling 😄
  • HappyDad
    HappyDad

Jimmy Young.

Don't discount the benefits of cutting an onion and putting it on your nightstand while you sleep. There is more to this folk medicine than you know. All the rest about peeing.....well....I'll laugh at that one myself. But the onion works.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Most JWs are not well educated, which makes them very susceptible to human ignorance, fear and superstition, that's mostly why they are in this relgoius cult.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

How about antique furniture could be holding demons, particularly if it came from out of old church.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Old paintings, especially those of crying children were bad to bring in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit