Interesting conversation with JW friend

by Jules Saturn 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

I was withh a friend of mine who is a JW still and for whatever reason we started talking the Bible. I asked him about Lazarus and how is that when he died he paid the price of sin, but then Jesus resurrected him. And I asked him "Where is Lazarus today? Shouldn't he be with us? He paid the price of sin, he has no debt to pay" and my friend thought for a moment and he reasoned:

"Yeah but Jesus resurrected him to show people around that time and us today reading the Bible, what he can do and what he will do. When he resurrected Lazarus, he was still an imperfect man, so he still was imperfect and would die again."

He still couldn't not answer why though, if Lazarus paid the price of sin. It seems honestly like he was struggling to come to the conclusion he came to.

Another topic we spoke about was the Nephilim and I explained to him how it couldn't be possible, for me anyways, for angels (spiritual superior beings) to find attractiveness and lust in humans because those are human traits. I even explained to him, that it's like a person who feels lust for an animal. I told him that I was always under the impression that angels were all powerful and perfect, that Jehovah had created them.

He reasoned that Satan had corrupted them but when he said that I started thinking to myself, were the angels that easily corruptible?

Anyway, I left it like that but whenever I can I like to engage in little biblical discussions like this with other JWs. Thoughts?

~Jules

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Two things

1. The wages of sin is eternal death...or perishing.

2. Even if we're not possible for fallen angels to lust sexually, they seem to have no problem controlling and debasing human beings sexually and otherwise. Who do you think is controlling the controllers in N.Y.?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I believe the Lazarus' defense is that Jesus hadn't given his ransom yet, so no one was entitled to a perfect resurrection.

But your question is still valid.

If Lazarus paid the penalty of sin, why resurrect him again as being imperfect (WT answer is that that way, Lazarus can be resurrected the next time as a 144,000).

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

@berrygerry

Well see that makes more sense, thank you actually

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray
    berrygerry:- " I believe the Lazarus' defense is that Jesus hadn't given his ransom yet, so no one was entitled to a perfect resurrection".

I'm sure this is how Jehovah's Witnesses would wriggle out of that question.

However, in the case of Eutychus at Acts 20:9, the ransom had already been paid. So Eutychus, according to God's own law on sin, should still be alive.

Paul resurrected him, but for what reason was he resurrect imperfect? His sin had been paid for by his own death and Jesus' ransom had also been paid.

It's a great question to ask a JW.

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

@Giles Gray

Completely forgot about that! I mention it the next time I ask this question to a JW, thank you for thag

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    However, in the case of Eutychus at Acts 20:9, the ransom had already been paid. So Eutychus, according to God's own law on sin, should still be alive.

Damn. Good one.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    .June's Saturn I even explained to him, that it's like a person who feels lust for an animal.

I don't even think it's that simple. I mean as you said last is a human trait, so it's like us having the trait of another species...The behavioural instincts of another species.

Say like a bird has the trait or instinct to build nests. It's like a human suddenly collecting sticks and twigs and trying to build a nest.....then settling down to roost, picture that!!! It was something utterly contrary to their nature - like nest building is to us!!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

You are correct. Lazarus paid the bill in full. He should have lived forever.

Jehovah's Witnesses can try to crawfish out of that, but they can't and don't let them.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

"And just as it is reserved for men to die once for all time, but after this to receive a judgment" - Hebrews 9:27 NWT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit