Interesting conversation with JW friend

by Jules Saturn 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well done.

The best thing to get a "still in" thinking is to simply raise a biblical topic.... then Leave the subject open and let them ponder the answer....

For example.: "was Jehovah happy with Lot? What about when he had sex with his two daughters?" That seems very wrong....

Then leave the subject and move on...

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Excellent point! How would the dubs explain Eutychus at Acts 20:9?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I cant see how anyone could be ever resurrected twice, it just goes all realms of sense

• jp1692
    jp1692

Lazarus sinned again ...

Seriously, it's all nonsense.

Jesus didn't resurrect anyone. That's a fairy tale.

• waton
    waton

re: Eutychus and Dorcas: It just shows you the power of the resurrectors. They can even recreate imperfect humans, with their past personal sins paid for by their individual death, (but still carrying Adamic sin and propensity to fall). If only that snake had not talked ha ha.

perfection is never a barrier to deviance, why do you think we have second death in the wt armory?

Lazarus can be resurrected the next time as a 144,000). berryjery

if he lived long enough to partake, they tried to kill him remember?

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

@stuckinarut2

I feel like the JW justification would be "Well, the land had to be spread, Moab and Ammon had to be created somehow"

@My Name Is of No Consequence

I'm also curious to see what the JW response would be to that

• waton
    waton

Based on all these comments, perhaps wt should introduce a dual stage ransom/ forgiveness doctrine?:

You pay for your personal sins by your own death, (even repeated demise) but only the stake/cross will pay for "Adamic" sin?

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@waton Side note: interesting that you brought up the "stake/cross" alternatives. Does anyone here know what it actually means to be executed, as WT says Jesus was, by being "impaled on a stake"? Outside of WT's superimposed definition, this is a known method of humiliating torture where the accused would be pierced with a stake through the rectum with the stake puncturing through all the vital organs, and then finally protruding out of the mouth.

I won't attach the final photograph since it is quite graphic and NSFW. I'll leave the link as an option for those interested in viewing: http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/cannibalholocaust.jpg

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

@Wake Me Up

Yeah waton did bring up an interesting point, I've never seen those photos before, thanks for sharing

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

I can explain Acts 20:9...This is the first mouth to mouth resuscitation....performed by Paul...isn't there another incident in the bible where someone dies and someone lays on them 3 times and they get up...ah, found it...1Kings 17:21-22, Then he stretched himself out over the child three times and called out to Jehovah: “O Jehovah my God, please, let this child’s life* come back into him.” 22 Jehovah listened to E·liʹjah’s request,+ and the life* of the child came back into him, and he revived.*+, now if that don't sound like mouth to mouth resuscitation, I don't know what does...

To me there is nothing doctrinal that will stumble a witness the only thing that will stumble a witness is another witness...only when a witness is mistreated will they acknowledge anything wrong in the society..it's the thief that screams the loudest....

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit