Interesting conversation with JW friend

by Jules Saturn 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

@tor1500

Mouth to mouth huh

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think a better example is the ones resurrected out of the tombs in Jerusalem at Jesus death. These clearly would have benefited from Jesus sacrifice and of course already paid the price by dying according to JW doctrine. So clearly these should still be alive today.

• undercover
    undercover

"At least we ain't Lazarus, and had to think twice 'bout dying"

• tor1500
    tor1500

@ Jules Saturn,

Yep, that's what I see in the scriptures....but I have one of those type of minds....I find if I keep my sense of humor I can get through this JW thing....

When you come to think of it..nobody wants to die....nobody wants to live so long and be in pain and can't enjoy life but if God/Jesus could bring us back and we could be naked and happy again...why not?

Regarding the mouth to mouth I see in the bible...don't pay me any attention...I like this site because I can say it...can't say it in the hall, even if they find it funny, they'll say, You funny...but what they are really saying....You are not funny...

Just having some fun with the scriptures...

Tor

• waton
    waton

Missionaries were actually conftonted with drawn guns when the news about their stake preaching spread in the community. because of the real pointed stakes point. but my point was

the two stage erasing of sin, not counting 1000 years of good behaviour and "service". aka sl...y.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

If Lazarus was in heaven for 4 days you can imagine how upset he must have been to be back.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

The resurrected saints as per Matthew 27:51-53 were post ransom beneficiaries and all should be alive today.Pr JWs cannot dodge them as pre - ransom

• waton
    waton
    The resurrected saints as per Matthew 27:51-53 were post ransom beneficiaries EA

They will say the ransom value was not delivered yet. it is a long way to the Pleiades and back.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

waton .

Yeah, got your point. Even travelling at the speed of light it would have been several weeks/months/years to get the ransom and benefits approved from Heaven - to and fro - and hence all the resurrected died due to this delay

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

None of the Witnesses are big "thinkers" because it is done on their behalf.
    Jehovah pours "Truth" in one end of the pipe and it comes out the GB pipeline on the other end.
    Except-- it is never exactly the same--because, if it were, it would never need adjusting or brightening.
    The same is true of Bible stories which, by accretions in the retelling, grew ever more miraculous beyond any rational basis. After all, think how much hyperbole is contained in the simple words:

John 21:25New King James Version (NKJV)

25 And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit