North-Eastern US Blackout

by Lady Lee 66 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

No blackout in Quebec. That's where I live. I couldn't get on the internet at my place because my provider is netrover which is in ontario. I went across the street to my fathers house and he has internet by cable(videotron).

image New York city from www.cnn.com

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Rayzorblade just called he said he is OK but can't get thru to anyone back East. I just wanted you all to know we are OK

• Valis
    Valis

Um...does this mean the printing presses in Crooklyn aren't spewing out Watchtowers? Woohoo!....They probably think its the end...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

The Bethelites are in the dark, literally.

• blondie
    blondie

Don't they have "new light" to guide their way?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I distinctly remember the 1965 blackout. I was at Bethel at the time. Of course, everyone was wondering whether it was the beginning of Armageddon or whether we were about to be attacked. Some old-timers remembered blackouts during World War II. I remember someone leading me out of the library by flashlight. Coming outside, the only light was a full moon. That was quite a sight. Of course, people throughout the N.E. were trapped in elevators, subways, etc. I'll never forget it.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hi! I successfully navigated my way out of Detroit (the traffic was HELL!!!) and am at my parents house. It seems about half the state of Michigan is without power or water. I couldn't stand the idea of sitting at home roasting with no water or electricity. My parents are very fortunate to have power. The power went out while I was at work and I had to sit in my car and listen to the radio to find out what was going on. I've tried getting ahold of as many people as possible. My cell phone wasn't working for a good portion of the afternoon, but it's back working now. Ray tried to call me but my phone just wasn't working yet. I got ahold of outnfree and iiz2cool but can't seem to reach anyone else. It's really dark in Detroit tonight...

I hope my apartment's still there when I get back...LOL

~Aztec

• Special K
    Special K

Holy cow.!!!!! I go out for the afternoon and when I come home the world has gone to hell in a handbasket? What the heck is going on????

50 million people with no power, no air conditioning, no elevators,

"NO TIM HORTON"S COFFEE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Washington, New York, Toronto, all blacked out.

Temperature reaching 35 degrees celius.. drink lots of water and sleep in your basements if you need to to keep cool

Red cross is passsing out thousands of bottles of water.

National guard has agreed to come in to New York because of fears of looting.

Cause now believed to be from a fire and Niagara Power plant on U.S. side of border causing a cascading effect.

Not much power in Ottawa except for places being supplied by power from Quebec ( I guess that means Scully is out of touch)

President Bush is going to be coming on T.V. in the next hour to talk to the people.

All airports are down in major centers

The tunnel between Detroit and Canadian Border has been shut down re no ventilation within the tunnel.

Back ups at border crossings betwoeen U.S. and Canada.

Trains shut down, subways shut down.

Pearson International in Toronto redirecting flights to other areas to land.

Downtown Toronto in gridlock chaos. Blackout occurred during 4 pm rushhour. People can't get home.

I'm glad ShielaM called Rayzorblade and he is okay.

Kitchener, Burlington and Guelph in Ontario have their power back now.

I'm going to listen to President Bush..

Special K

• Jourles
    Jourles

Just heard that the ETR for Lansing is 12 hours.

• acsot
    acsot

What about Mouthy??? She's about an hour from Toronto. Can anybody reach her?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit