Be Couragous! - (Like The Governing Body?)

by pale.emperor 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I was watching Lloyd Evans rebuttal to the Saturday program of the Be Courageous convention. Lloyd pointed out something that had occurred to me as well:

All this talk and examples of courage, whether it be standing up in class defending intelligent design, putting up with being imprisoned, not running away from bullies, always having a reply to someone who tries to ridicule your faith... the young ones are encourages - nay, commanded - to stand their ground and be courageous. Yet this is the exact opposite of what the Governing Body do.

Gerrit Losch wriggled out of turning up in court by claiming he's "no part of Watchtower" and that "I do not answer to Watchtower".

Tony Morris literally ran away from a reporter when asked about how they handle child abuse.

http://jwsurvey.org/child-abuse-2/governing-body-member-tony-morris-flees-a-journalist-in-the-street

Jeffrey Jackson dodged questions and outright lied to the Australian Royal Commission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvyPugZk59o

Mark Sanderson got his ass out of Russia on the first plane he could find after the courts decided that JWs were banned there.

https://www.theworldnewsmedia.org/topic/47755-jw-broadcasting-russian-convention-travel-report-wmark-sanderson/

How about leading from example? If these men actually did behave courageously, at least it would give the JWs someone to look up to, someone to make martyrs of and compare to the apostles of Jesus day.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    How about leading from example?

Seems they are following their Master Jesus Christ who once slipped away from an angry crowd:

John 8:59: At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

• Whynot
    Whynot

They expect the sheeple to be couragous and not run away but none of this applies to them.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

BRILLIANT thread PE!

Thank you for sharing this.

They are indeed hypocritical, cowardly scumbags!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

This is a powerful post. Well done Pale Emperor! Clear and concise. Right to the point. Easy to remember and share.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I also 'heard' (pun intended) that Sammy Herd tried to run away from a group of jw women who wanted to know if he really thought that their brain was smaller than his brain!

However, the gb guys are very courageous-----------------------------when it comes to asking for more money!

just saying!

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

PE well thought out and with sources included. Perfect!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Yeah I noticed that too. As soon as the verdict was read in Russia they flew out of there like a bat out of hell

• bildad
    bildad

A number of years ago, while at a School for elders we were told to call the legal department for any complicated legal issues. They then instructed us to NEVER mention the Legal Department in our written correspondence with them.

I remember thinking that they were trying to protect themselves in the case of any legal action. Who does that put in the crosshairs? The local elders. That played out in real life when you watched the Australian Royal Commission hearings. You saw common men, the local elders, evidently subpoenaed and forced to testify. You also saw how ill prepared they were. When cornered with the excellent questioning from the Royal Commission you could literally see in the expressions of some of these local elders the struggle they were having in trying to explain their positions. On one occasion, it appeared to me as if the Brother was seeing in his mind for the first time how unreasonable the JW position was. When asked how the position of JW's offered ANY protection for children outside the JW community, he was at a loss. It appeared like the point hit him hard, he had never thought about that. I give him credit for having a conscience. I didn't see that same attitude with the higher ups at all.

If your position is correct and proper, why not courageously state it? Yes, we DO feel the Governing Body are the Faithful and Discreet Slave identified by Jesus Christ in the Bible. Nothing of that sort happened.

There are courageous people who are JW's but if the Royal Commission hearings are any indication, they are not necessarily the ones with the most privileges!

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I never thought about Jesus being a coward but it works! He knew his father wasn't going to help him out with a miracle so he ran.

Drearyweather

Drearyweather5 hours ago
    How about leading from example?
    Seems they are following their Master Jesus Christ who once slipped away from an angry crowd:
    John 8:59: At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit