Richard Dawkins has had a Stroke

by cofty 74 Replies latest social current

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

I'm ignorant with regards to a great many subjects in life and frankly, freely admit to being wrong far more often than being right and certainly never pretend to be right if I am aware That I would have to pull shit out of my ass to pretend I have something meaningful to contribute. It is for these precise reasons I admire anyone who can teach me anything, regardless of who they are or what the lesson is. There are many posters on this very forum for whom I hold the same admiration and express my gratitude for sharing their knowledge. I don't know anyone on this forum personally but compassion still inspires me to post my condolences should any ill fortune befall them, even if I don't like the person or disagree with them.

But if you are the sort that can't grasp the gratitude someone feels toward anyone who has taught you anythimg you might consider valuable, then IMO you have no true sense of value for shared knowledge.

• GodZoo
    GodZoo
    Cofty: Godzoo if I heard that a mutual acquaintance had suffered a stroke I would let you know. Would you accuse me of idolatry for doing so? Dawkins is a public figure whose work has been important to millions of people including many on this forum. Why is it strange that we would comment on his stroke? Don't be so churlish.

I have seen may people have bad health reports in here and you not care a tweet. There are also thousands of people that do wonderful things for humanity yet you don't bat an eyelid if they stub their toe in the night or even die for that matter. I was just curious why this particular man gets your care and affection? Is it because he is one of the founding fathers of your view on life? If so just say so and stop pretending you have real altruism and compassion.

Good try but I am being in no way mean spirited towards Mr Dawkins and nothing in my previous comment reflected that.. It was pretty clear I was just looking at you actually.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Just have to say that Dawkins sounds a little bit sorry for himself in the audio.

This is totally understandable but I think he should snap out of it soon. I'm being harsh, but I've been there. A few years ago I had stroke-like symptoms - paralysed down my left side, like Dawkins. I'm left-handed but couldn't even brush my teeth with my left hand so used my right. Dawkins needs to practice what the physios tell him to practice - no cutting corners - and I'm sure he'll cheer up when he sees results.

I have every confidence Dawkins will do exactly that.

Get well soon.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    He is back home and making god progress.

Cofty LOL!!! Was that the funniest mistake dude!! Its spell check cos you write god so much without capitalization!!!!

Really hope he's OK...he's the daddy!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Just have to say that Dawkins sounds a little bit sorry for himself in the audio.

DUDE! He's had a STROKE godammit do you know what that could mean to a man who lives by communication of his ideas?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

^^^^^ I know, please read all of my post ^^^^^

I exhibited stroke-like symptoms, fell over, and couldn't comb my hair with my left hand (I'm left handed).

I stayed in hospital for 10 days, and had to endure a lumber injection (the nurse stuck a needle in my spine, between two vertebrae).

It's called tough love. The last thing I needed was to feel sorry for myself. My problem was eventually diagnosed as initial presentation of multiple sclerosis. I was motivated to beat my problem and I hope Professor Dawkins is likewise motivated to beat his stroke ...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    He said the stroke didn't affect the part of the brain that impacts your thinking. Does anyone know if that's a different part from the bit that makes you grumpy. I knew someone who was never grumpy but after they had a stroke they were always grumpy.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Loveuni OK sorry x
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    He said the stroke didn't affect the part of the brain that impacts your thinking. Does anyone know if that's a different part from the bit that makes you grumpy. I knew someone who was never grumpy but after they had a stroke they were always grumpy.
    There was one guy whose IQ rocketed to 170 and another who became obsessed with marriage/ hyper sexualized and proposed to every women he met. Only problem was he was already married!
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There was a man who was hyper sexualised? Maybe we're all undiagnosed sufferers.

What if God used the stroke to switch on the dormant part of Dawkins' brain that puts him in touch with God? There is news that the church is praying for him. Would they have done that if he hadn't contacted them to tell them about his conversion? I dare say he will be quiet for a while first if he is going to come out after. Keep it on the down low, but you heard it from me first

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit