Richard Dawkins has had a Stroke

by cofty 74 Replies latest social current

• theliberator
    theliberator

slimboyfat: "What if God used the stroke to switch on the dormant part of Dawkins' brain that puts him in touch with God?"

This is not too far from reality. While I don't believe God does it, I have seen people change .for two reasons. First, some become very emotional. They change from being a "thinker" to a "thinker feeler". They now see their life and the world quite differently. Or second, they realize how precious life is, and how they need to be grateful to the one who gave it. They see the brain as greater than the sum of it's parts.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    He does seem emotional in the clip. It's not out of the question. Would be the conversion of the century if true.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    He does seem emotional in the clip. It's not out of the question. Would be the conversion of the century if true.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Sorry for the double post, site still has problems or am I the only one?
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    SBF you're the only one who seems to be going on and on about this man who is not at all well. He's having problems dressing himself. That would make anyone emotional, being reduced to the manual dexterity of a two-year-old. I am just so disappointed in the lack of compassion some have shown on this thread.
  • Simon
    Simon
    Sorry for the double post, site still has problems or am I the only one?

It's because you don't wait after posting for it to appear. You also don't seem to think before posting but that's a different issue.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    How long should I wait? 20 hours in this case.
  • Simon
    Simon

Which part of "wait after posting for it to appear" isn't clear?

If it's not there after 20 hours ... just wait longer. The more you hit the posting limit, the more your posts will be delayed.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Sometimes the post never appears. Sometimes it is delayed. It's not possible to tell which in advance. I thought it was a site problem, it's actually about posting limit?

Xan I really hope Dawkins gets better soon. People could be emotional after a stroke as a result of the stroke itself having an effect on the brain or as a result of the situation produced by the stroke. Or both. Whichever it is I hope he's better soon.

• cofty
    cofty

I think if the first box gets a tick "uploading post" then it will appear eventually. Sometimes it takes a while to process.

When somebody has had a stroke, the realisation that you dodged the bullet, and that it is now more likely to happen again must affect you emotionally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit