Richard Dawkins has had a Stroke

by cofty 74 Replies latest social current

• Clambake
    Clambake

For a guy who thinks mild child molestation is not that big a deal and how all downs syndrome fetus should be aborted, he sure has alot of fans in here.

I bet even a few might be praying for him.lol

• cofty
    cofty
    a guy who thinks mild child molestation is not that big a deal

There are degrees of seriousness of child abuse. He suffered some inappropriate touching at school. He commented that he has suffered no long-term trauma and that his experience was not as bad as somebody who has been raped as a child. So what is your point?

all downs syndrome fetus should be aborted

You are a liar.

• Landy
    Landy
    He suffered some inappropriate touching at school.

That gives a whole new meaning to the thread title.

• Clambake
  • cofty
    cofty

So you chose not to actually read the whole article and understand what he actually said.

Typical.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Cofty: He is back home and making god progress ............

You should send this typo to Dawkins it's very funny. After listening to his rabid 'fan' mail he could do with a smile.

Love Letters (not) to Richard Dawkins. Some are outrageously funny.

Language alert!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW7607YiBso

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    slimboyfat you're being a douche. You disliked a post that was voicing their admiration for someone and wishing them a speedy recovery. Stop trying to spin it into something else to justify your callous and obvious "playing the man" instead of responding to the post.

Well I'm sorry you think that. I only disliked the post after Landy made his comment and it annoyed me that he seemed to be missing the point on purpose. What was wrong with the post was not wishing Dawkins to recover it was the comment about wanting Dawkins to live because of his knowledge. See that I made the dislike after Landy's comment. It's pretty straight forward. The idea that I am someone who is afraid to say what they really think is a bit bizarre.

There are a few people who do this A LOT and it's frankly annoying. Get a clue.

Well please take it up with them. Or make it transparent like you suggested. In my case you simply got it wrong why I disliked the post. You made me explain myself so I did.

• Clambake
    Clambake
    Cofty I am pretty sure he said and meant exactly what I said. I know still being a good jw at heart you are pretty good at the mental gymnastics but my post and his comment were completely straight forward.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    That gives a whole new meaning to the thread title.

That was the same pun that occurred to me but it fell flat.

• Laika
    Laika

Was sorry to read this but seems likely to make a full recovery which is good news. I still think it would be better for him to stay off twitter and maybe even out of the limelight generally, but not better off dead of course.

I see the church of England got criticised for offering to pray for him, but I doubt Dawkins was bothered by it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit