How many JDubs would believe this ridiculous statement?

by Sour Grapes 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

A Circuit Overseer or a member of the Gibbering Body is giving a talk about demonism and he says the following, "There was an elder in a congregation in California who let his 8-year-old daughter watch Disney movies that involved witches, gremlins, magic, and sorcery. Many may feel that they are harmless movies and are just entertainment. Well, the 8-year-old daughter actually brought a blue smurf doll to the Public talk and Watchtower Study. When the name Jehovah was mentioned by the brother giving the talk the smurf doll jumped to the floor and ran to the back of the hall."

How many JDubs would actually believe that happened? I would have to say that since it was stated by a CO or GB Pope that 50% to 60% would actually believe that it happened.

What do you think?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I bet closer to 90-95% buy it if one of the glorious ones say it

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

Fuckin Idiot! So glad I am out.

• User99
    User99

I would have to check with Papa Smurf to see if it really happened. I mean, he’s probably the wisest Smurf, right?

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

I remember being told this story, or some variation of it, when I was very young. This story is “the truth”.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Back when the whole smurf thing came out, we had some water glasses with their image stamped on them. We got them at McDonald's with a child's meal. No biggie to us.

But, our CO and wife stayed with us. They were horrified. Don't you know... ??? so we threw them in the trash.

What she said didn't make any sense to us but it was a contentious point with no room for debate.

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

Maybe the whole smurf thing was one of Tony “tight pants” Morris’ genius ideas.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

blisterfeet 43 minutes ago

I remember being told this story, or some variation of it, when I was very young. This story is “the truth”.

no, no, no... It's "Da Troof" - don'tcha know

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Their have been so many of these Demon associated with material things over the years its hard to keep up with them.

Sparlok ,Smurfs , Items bought at second hand /Op shops , kiss records , Heavy Metal recordings the list goes on and on and on.

Jehovah`s Witnesses are a very superstitious lot :

,One elder related to us"how a brother bought a figurine from a second-hand shop and he became troubled by the Demons and when he threw it away across the street onto a vacant lot it bounced right back into his home again"

I believe these same type of story`s do the rounds of many other fundamental /last days /end times religions.

So J.W`s are lumped right in with Christendom in this regard.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If you search the forum, you should be able to find a thread discussing the origin of this ridiculous episode of JW history that I remember from my childhood. Something to do with a supposedly haunted Toys“R”Us store if I remember correctly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit