How many JDubs would believe this ridiculous statement?

by Sour Grapes 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jp1692
    jp1692

The smurf left because it was smarter than all of the fucking mindless, indoctrinated drones in the audience that would believe such a stupid story.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• zeb
    zeb

An over seer told the cong that they should not watch the movie 'E.T.' as he represented the antichrist. This got the biggest..."HUH" from the audience.

These type of 'reasoning' (!) come from closed minds that have been kept in wt 'monasterys' all their days and are swallowed by ignorant non educated masses as correct.

The over seer at the time realized the cong wasnt having it.

• Black Sheep
  • NeedToKnow
    NeedToKnow

I remember hearing that story in Australia when I was a kid about 30 years ago. Something about a cabbage patch kid doll too. I’m sure my mum definitely believed it.

• blownaway
    blownaway

OP is this something that really happened or are you wondering if it did how many would buy it? I don't think personally living through the Smurff BS I ever heard anything from the platform. I was told a lot of crap by elders in person. From gloves with ceramic dust from demon possessed plates tying to strangle an elder to the eyes of photos turning red. But not as much from the platform in the way of actual Smurff demons. I know others have.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Sour Grapes - "How many JDubs would believe this ridiculous statement?"

Trick question.

All of 'em.

• gabcol
    gabcol

It's amazing to think how these stories have all started from one source.. I'ld love to know what or who that source was. I heard the smurf stories when I was a kid... an elder even told me that his sister had gone to a john denver concert and he asked the Jehovah's Witnesses to leave. Since it was an elder, I believed it. Looking back at it now, I was so naive.

P.s.- another john denver story I heard from this elder ( he must have really hated poor john...) Mr. Denver was on the johnny carson show and did his usual " asking the witnesses to leave" but johnny carson said the witnesses can stay.

• sparky1
    sparky1

I was a Bethelite in the mid 70's and travelled down to Baltimore one summer weekend for a John Denver concert. He NEVER said any such thing at the concert I attended. The Witness rumor mill is filled with ignorance and malicious lies.

• em1913
    em1913

I heard that exact Smurf story in California in 1983 -- Santa Barbara West congregation to be specific --and I knew it was ridiculous then. It was making the rounds of the usual suspects -- elders' wives, Brothers Reaching Out, that bunch. I just shook my head. I was "in," but I was never that in.

I didn't hear it from the platform, though -- it was strictly whispered back-of-the-hall gossip. But everybody in the circuit had heard the story.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

........ " When I hear the name Jehovah I run like shit "

Image result for blue smurf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit