Why is the white race so different?

by Crazyguy 133 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Insults Flipper?

Discussing issues and helping the hurt are not mutually exclusive.

• Simon
    Simon

This threat is a classic, the first derogatory comments about race were made by leftists trying to suggest there is racism here, then someone pops up to claim they are black and they want to backup the racist crap in the bible that most people are actually saying is cobblers, then people decide they have been oh so insulted because their belief isn't taken as gospel evidence (pun intended).

Just because some people are incapable of having a rational discussion without throwing their toys out the pram doesn't mean that such discussions should not or cannot take place. This seems to be the new world that many on the left want - prevent dialog and discussion and debate by claiming they feel insulted.

As Ben Shapiro says: facts don't care about your feelings.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CRAZYGUY:

The modern definition of White race is really made up of different ethnic groups which are really mini-races of a sort. Their common bond being generally a similar skin color which varies within a few shades. The hair ranging from straight to curly and every shade from black to blond; facial features a wide variety with many different types of noses and eyes ranging in every color.

The definition of race today varies from back in Victorian times.

I was a poster on a couple of race forums about twelve years ago...The forums ended up being taken down at some point because they degenerated into insults and pure filth no matter how civil or polite you were.

There were all types who posted there. Some were genuinely curious but others espoused racist comments. Some were hung up on racial color hierarchy. I cannot stand racists on either side of the color spectrum. Some people posted pictures because they wanted to know what "category" they fit into and were upset if they were not considered attractive in the general mainstream of U.S. society.

Even though race is a fascinating topic, unfortunately, it causes fighting and hard feelings sadly.

• cofty
    cofty

The biggest problem with trying to have a rational conversation about race is faux outrage and virtue signalling.

The internet rewards outrage.

• flipper
    flipper

COFTY- " Discussing issues and helping the hurt are not mutually exclusive . "

Precisely, I agree. However- discussing the issues and losing focus of helping the hurt can become polar opposites at the same time. The old expression " cutting one's nose off to spite one's face " - or - " winning the battle, but losing the war " - at what price or cost do we value over always being right to save face - over allowing free expression of other's views ? Kind of where I stand. People have their views - whether they're religious or not- I tend not to lose sleep over it. Everybody has a right to their views if they aren't harming anybody

• cofty
    cofty
    discussing the issues and losing focus of helping the hurt can become polar opposites at the same time.

I'm sure that is possible. Personally I try to keep a balance.

at what price or cost do we value over always being right to save face - over allowing free expression of other's views ?

I think everybody is free to believe and say whatever they want. I would fight to defend those rights.

Everybody has a right to their views if they aren't harming anybody.

We are all entitled to our own opinions but facts are a different matter. I accord people the respect of assuming they care about what is true. If we make assertions about reality it is only reasonable somebody is going to challenge what we say.

When somebody asserts that black people are under a curse that ought to be challenged. Muslims have used exactly that myth to oppress black people for centuries. It does harm others.

If I asserted that black people are under a curse the forum would erupt in a frenzy of justifiable outrage. If somebody says it is their religious belief that black people are under a curse and I object then again we get outrage.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    people can take writings in all sorts of ways - if you look at the writings themselves you will see that they can say 2, or even 3 contradictory things - it is people who decide on one particular meaning and they always have non neutral motives for doing so. some motives r worse than others

Yes people can take writings in all sorts of ways, if it wasn't for that, we would not have a salad of all sorts of denominations. But as i said, if some holy book, says that a particular group is deserving of death, you can then play mental gymnastics all you want to try to interpret it in a more palatable way, but what is written is pretty clear. And this applies to most holy books, they are filled with garbage.

• Simon
    Simon
    at what price or cost do we value over always being right to save face - over allowing free expression of other's views?

Once again, the religiot (yes, as in RELIGIOUS IDIOT) swans off after taking offence claiming that their feelings have been hurt and trampled on because people simply wouldn't accept what THEY wanted to assert as "truth".

People show up to chastise everyone for not being tolerant enough.

"Oh woe, woe is us, for we are oh so persecuted."

What about everyone else's rights to have an opinion and share it? I guess backing things up with reason and evidence doesn't count for much when it's up against the edifice of argument and reason which is "I believe". Throw in some victim status and everyone must bow down to those that must be obeyed.

Sorry, not here, not ever.

At what price do we value freedom of speech over someone's self-inflicted hurt feelings over people's non acceptance of their "belief"? At any price, because otherwise we have a theocracy and then we have nothing.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I believe the Bible says only the people of Canaan were cursed unlike what we have been led to believe. After reading this and other scriptures in the Bible it's become clear that some of the Bible writers were racist.

As for my original posts, I'm a believer in evolution at this time and am wondering if some humans groups were just influenced by an older sub human species that maybe didn't influence others and that's why we see things like RH negative blood at higher percentages in some groups but not others and why white people maybe have a higher percentage of different hair and eye colors.

For those that think this was a stab at racism or to get a racist argument going it was not and you need to get over yourselves!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Physical differences between races and gender is real ask any Dr what the disease and conditions certain races and gender are prone to get. Human rights on the other hand are a completely different subject. It's a pity people seem to confuse these two seperate issues so much it shuts down interesting, relevant discussion with a cry of racism or sexism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit