My Younger Brother Has Left The Witnesses!! :-D

by pale.emperor 65 Replies latest jw experiences

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Aye, this is the very best sort of news! Hopefully your Brother will one day join us here to experience true friendship. I have a special place in my heart for the violin and violinists too.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

So very happy for you both! This is the very best 'news' to hear!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Update: He text me last night saying two elders turned up for a shepherding call without warning. I asked how it went he said "They tried to get me to come back. I played along with it but i dont want to so i wont be going back."

He laughed and said "you told me this would happen." And... get this guys... he asked me "have you seen this website JWFacts?"

I let him tell me all about it as if i didnt know. He's going to have a lot of enjoyable reading on there:)

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Pale Emperor » In the end I had a breakdown. ... The elders came to see me in the hospital. They were nice and all but before leaving Bro. _______ asked for my ministry report for the month. I burst into tears right there in the hospital. The nurse had to tell them to leave.

I can't believe the insensitivity. Apparently when he came to the point where he didn't care whether what he'd believed was true or not, that's when it all fell apart. The lifestyle reached a point that it became absurd.

It reminds me of the struggle written about by Albert Camus, who sees suicide as the ultimate thumbing of one's nose at life; of recognizing the absurdity of it. “There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide,” he wrote. “Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to answering the fundamental question of philosophy.” One either does or does not. Life is entirely devoid of meaning. And what better way of describing the above than likening it to the Greek myth of Sisyphus, which fascinated Camus? Devious even with the gods, Sisyphus got away with his tricks even to the day he died. But then it all caught up with him because how can you ultimately escape the gods? So he was forced push a huge, rounded stone up the side of a cliff all day. Then, as neared the top, it would slip and go back to where he had started and he would do it all again.

It was something one could never appreciate about the absurdity of life until one is brought to the brink of destruction, then asked for his weekly report! That's the point where he sees the absurdity and decides to either end his own life, or, he sees the absurdity of it all and laughs until he can laugh no more!

Your brother would most likely enjoy The Myth of Sisyphus, by Camus. It would be a nice "leaving" gift.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thats fantastic news PE just fantastic. " Your brother was lost but he was found again"

I have a tear in my eye.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Fantastic news PE!

Gaining you brother to life surely feels as good as me helping my wife to exit the absurd cult.

Smalls steps, let him find out TTATT mostly by himself; keep in touch and show concern over his depression more than anything else. Without disclosing much, show him some "prescience" about things that he will go through and find out by himself and you'll score many points - as you did by preparing him for the elder's visits.

Great, great news :)

• cofty
    cofty

Fantastic news!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I'm late to this thread but this is great news.

And to any active JWs: please read the reply from Pale Emperor's brother in the opening post and ask yourself if Watchtower is a cult.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

PE,

Congratulations!!!

In reading the replies I learned you lost your wife and child to the cult. So sorry. Your OP made my jaw drop, and then again when I read that he found JWfacts! Yay!!!!! He'll stay out for sure now! Yippee!!! Yahoo!!!

Like most of us he will probably devour jwfacts. Perfect.

Oh! and he knows how to behave for the elders! great! Maybe he could record a meeting for sharing in the future if he wants, adding to the great cloud of witnesses on youtube. Or just to listen a couple years later. But, I'm jumping ahead maybe and you probably don't want to suggest that, too soon.

ps I have found you can speed up elders talking on a recording by 1.5 to 2 times and it is just fine. They are so hypnotically slow.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

My ex-wife barely even knows the basics of the religion. She only stays because her whole family are in. She calls me sometimes on Saturday/Sunday morning or Thursday evening when she should be in the hall and when i ask shes like "oh, i have a headache." or "i had an appointment" or "it's raining" - you know, the excuses we all made up when we didnt want to go out in service or to the meetings because they're so mindnumbingly boring and nobody actually enjoys them.

My daughter is 3 and only knows the hall is where she goes to see her little friends. She has non JW celebrations and stuff with me. She even asked me when her next birthday is because she loves birthdays. I highly doubt she'd ever become a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit