My Younger Brother Has Left The Witnesses!! :-D

by pale.emperor 65 Replies latest jw experiences

• DesirousOfChange
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ pale.emperor...

God, it's almost like the Org is actively trying to get rid of people...

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Awesome! Congratulations!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

You should ask your brother if he knows some of the reasons why so many have left his hall?

• deegee
    deegee

Pale Emperor,

What your brother said:

I haven't read a Watchtower in months and i feel so much "lighter"

I had the same experience. I felt so much lighter when I stopped reading the publications and attending the meetings.

We are in the world but not of the world. We must put kingdom interests ahead of our interests, detach ourselves from the world, our desires, our loves, and our passions.

Then there is the constant obsession with focusing on how awful things are as evidence that the end of the world is nigh. I remember once saying to an elder how the religion makes out everything to be so bad - he of course made feel that the problem was with me not the WT.

“Depression is a natural result of loss, and if you internalize teachings that poison you against the world, then of course you will become depressed.”
    - Dr. Lorin Roche.

• deegee
    deegee

continuing.............

JWs are conditioned/brainwashed into looking for any evidence of how terrible things are as a sign that the end is nigh. You are made to feel guilty if you find anything praiseworthy about "this system of things"™

This mind set of negativity can only poison you against the world resulting in your feeling depressed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit