WTS checklist for Elders to destroy evidence?

by DarioKehl 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/3t1yp7/marc_and_cora_posted_on_utube/

Hot off the presses from exjw reddit earlier today. Massive leak in UK.

If true, this is big (and very, very disturbing).

• Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever
    Nothing new. Personal opinion has no place in a court of law. Just the facts.
  • DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

So you've seen something like this before?

I'm still kinda skeptical, like, what if it's fake? It's almost too incriminating IMHO.

and it's only in the UK, right before this big charity investigation.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I see a reddit page with a bunch of links to youtube and 1 link to an unfamiliar site to download something.

Anyone have any idea what this supposedly says?

Corporations have document retention and destruction policies. Is this something different?

• Mad Sweeney
  • clarity
    clarity

Elders told to destroy notes especially regarding child abuse.

All elders will be complicit in removing evidence if they follow the gb's orders.

I bet at least 80% of them will obey the gb!

clarity

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

So is this just an alarmist reaction to a policy letter that likely gets sent periodically? Or is all the excitement on YouTube & the reddit thread warranted?

Im waiting to see an elder or ex elder show up and shed a little light on this before I have any reaction to it.

• Mephis
    Mephis
    It's annual, at least that's what I thought? Recall my father's bonfires in the garden when he took stuff out of his office. One of the things the Aussie Royal Commission, and the press coverage picked up on, was the JW routine of destroying notes and anything which could have been useful to later investigations.
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney
    I have a pdf file that is supposedly all inclusive of documents sent from Borg HQ to elders and congregations (nearly 10,000 pages long). I searched for about a half hour and couldn't find anything remotely similar to this.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

This is not especially new. There are periodic reminders about ensuring the congregation file contents are in line with policies. They are not demanding that all notes from elders meetings and regarding things like child abuse cases are destroyed just that they are in line with the instructions previously provided.

Of course there are questions about the extent and purpose of the notes they do keep but overall this letter is nothing out of the ordinary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit