I would rather be in the JW cult than the ex-jw cult

by questioningmyfaith 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Giordano - "I don't throw the Cult bomb at the WTBTS. To my way of thinking they are a high control religion founded on 19th century nonsense. Sort of like the Mormons. Both groups make up shit and present their teachings as if they come from a higher authority..."

That's actually how most people define cults, these days. :smirk:

x

That being said, I tend to agree.

I prefer the term "authoritarian high control group". A bit wordy, but more precise, IMO.

In fact, break each (word) component down to their individual definitions, and I think even a staunch dyed-in-the-wool WT loyalist would be hard-pressed to deny the label.

(And then he'd just say that that's the way it's supposed to be. )

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I would rather be in the JW cult than the ex-jw cult

...............Image result for well good for you

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

You have to weed through a tremendous amount of attitude on here.

There are many people here who have had their lives seriously disrupted or even damaged by the WT Cult. Kicked to the curb. Their friends &/or family ripped away from them. Their lives wasted pursuing a fantasy.

Yes, they are angry and I think they have the right to be so. I was extremely angry. Now I'm just very angry. Slow progress. Surely someone, somewhere at "the top" knows this is all bullshit yet they continue their charade for greedy, selfish reasons while continuing to harm another (overlapping) generation of innocent victims.

Doc

[Edited to add: There are a couple comments above suggesting the "cult" word not be used in reference to JWs. I would have agreed until after reading "Combatting Cult Mind Control" by Steven Hassan. It absolutely cannot be coincidence that the JW religion fits the definition so perfectly. They are the "poster child" for a cult!]

• Miss Behaving
    Miss Behaving

It's shocking when you find out that your entire mental/spiritual world is fabricated. When you discover that the friends and family whose opinions you've respected for years, are actually the victims of a mind control cult. After something like that it's understandable to become a little paranoid, and see 'cult' in everything. Not much of a stretch, especially when we've been taught that everyone outside the org is Satan controlled.

When I was leaving, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, one of those glimpses where you see what you actually are. I saw someone so arrogant, so self-righteous, so ready to judge and condemn everyone else. I didn't like it, but I looked around and saw that this belief system makes people become that.

Reading your post, it reminds me of what I saw in myself. There is no one right and proper way to be. There's more than one right answer. There aren't 'evil-doers' here, just some angry hurting people, people angry because they are hurting.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents.

• John Free
    John Free
    I'm also learning a new language and have traveled more and taken up hiking since leaving the JW cult. Its good to fill your time with happiness and make the most out of life. If this place doesn't appeal to you its probably better to leave, you will not be pressured to stay on this forum. Wishing you the very best.
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000

Just for the mere fact that I wasn't anger and bitter and ready to declare the GB the sociopathic criminals that so many here ascribe to, my initial question digressed to bickering over ad hominem attacks against the GB and not my beliefs that I'm questioning.

So what? Isn't it silly that you giving this forum more importance that what it deserves? This is just an extract of society, you'll find people who are smart, and others who are dumb; some that agree with you, and others who think you are a tool; you know..... just like in real life!

Instead of walking home with your ball and saying you don't want to play anymore, why not be at peace with the fact that you don't get to have your ego stroked every minute of the day? If you go to the supermarket, and happen to talk to someone who disagrees with you, you'll stop going too? If you want conformity, then I know a religion that will suit you well..

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Relax. This is a nice forum for opinion and venting. Nothing else. All kinds here. Take a deep breath, then exhale.

Feel better now.

DY🌞

• talesin
    talesin
    This OP reminds me of the guys who commit lesser crimes in the fall, so they can spend winter in the joint, and avoid the harsh weather. In many ways, you appear to have a prison mentality.
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit
    I for one like this board. I read and take what I want from it. No one is making you stay. You are free to do as you choose. It's a big world out there.
  • undercover

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit