I would rather be in the JW cult than the ex-jw cult

by questioningmyfaith 60 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

Given the passion of many of the replies here there is a little I could add. But I feel I must;

The second I (a male and down the years) step toward any sr to engage conversation it is seen as Im hitting on her.

Consequently jw conversation is frequently the depth and mass of Kleenex. This becomes a wt societal norm and is tragic.

• mana11
    mana11

ex jw cult is free. no rules. happy to be free, to think for myself.. you go back to your crutch and enjoy it, maybe it is what you need.

but remember coming here is a SIN for you. that is NOT freedom. enjoy!

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

I travel on a Bus, no problem in getting off at any stop I choose

I travel long haul to Asia and I am trapped in a tube with no way out, choices made for me about refreshments, entertainment etc

This forum like a Bus when anyone cane get on or off

JW cult like an aeroplane tube with all your thinking and choices done for you, can you get off when you want, no, have you reached the New World yet, no, how lon more will flight be? Who knows........years and years, lots of promised stops such as 1975, but JW plane never makes an airport

I like it here, suits me and leisurely, no cabin crew to intimidate me (Simon in a skirt?) I have freedom of choice, on the plane only question is, how long will the fuel last.............

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I must admit that I would rather be in the JW cult than some other cults like

Jonestown - Jim Jones kool aid death cult

Branch Davidians - that burned to the ground

Those folks that killed themselves wearing nikes waiting for a spaceship to carry them away.

Moonies

Krishnas.

So that is at least 5 cults that rank behind the WTS

• jazzlaindia78
    jazzlaindia78
    I agree with most of what you said. Religion in general is a cult. Some just enforce it more than others. In fact, politicians, police, lawyers, celebrities, etc. all begin to think too much of themselves and become corrupted by power. It is not only JWs but humanity in general. Humans just can't handle power very well. And what they can't control they either write off or become bitter against. Too much wasted negative energy.
  • babygirl30
    babygirl30

I've never fully understood peoples need to make an 'ANNOUNCEMENT' that they are leaving some type of group. I swear, everytime I see one of these posts on social media "this is my last fb post"...."Im closing my twitter accout"..."Im officially done with Snapchat" - blah blah blah. It is all a cry for attention, nothing more, and I just smh. Usually that person is seeking validation for their threat to leave, or they want people to try to convince them to stay. It's the difference in the person that constantly threatens to kill themselves at every turn vs the person that sadly does commit suicide. Ex: abusers will loudly threaten to leave and end their lives each time they dont get their way and/or wants attention. But most that do take their own lives, dont give advanced notice. They dont consciously draw unnecessary attention to themseves - thus why the act is so devastating.

As on any chat group/forum/social media site, people will openly express their opinion and then communication ensues. If I dont agree with things I see posted, guess what I do???

Wait for it....

It's a new concept, I know...

You ready for it?...

I read something else. I move on. Or I ignore it. Novel idea, I know. My point being, an official announcement is never necessary. Because in the end, that opens the door for all kinds of responses - which seems to be the very reason you are 'announcing' wanting to leave this forum. Although you make some valid points that I do agree with, overall, unless you are a CEO of a major company who is resigning, nobody needs a speech. 😁

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

zeb - "Consequently, JW conversation is frequently the depth and mass of Kleenex."

Well put.

I lost count of how many times it felt like that for me.

Par for the course when any kind of real in-depth discourse trips all the "apostate" alarms, though.

• flipper
    flipper

Seems to me the op has a lot of denial, also black and white reasoning. Doesn't want to hear about it.

How in the hell can there not be a lot of anger toward the Watchtower?

Protecting pedophiles and harassing the victims. The blood rules which still exist only to avoid lawsuits. Talk about cold corporate attitude.

The breaking up of families is horrible. So many ex jws have never met their grandchildren because of this despicable cult. Have not had contact with relatives and friends for many years.

A good number of stressed out jws are backbiters, ratfinks, and ripoffs. Major hypocrites.

So there were some "good things" taught there? Hey - it's just common sense out in the world that a better life comes of being honest, healthy and kind. There is more of that in the "world" in my experience than in the cult.

The main force of the Watchtower is cold, uncaring and controlling. Like a lot of big corporations, the survival of the organization and those at the top is all that matters. The membership are basically drones.

This website has helped a whole lot of people escape that cult with their sanity intact.

So just admit you don't want to get involved - go out and have fun. But don't even try calling this a cult. Jesus. A lot of us are here because of empathy, a desire to help and see some justice.

If the op is still around - I was never a jw. Married an ex jw 10 years ago who has a lot of jw family, and have been on this board for 9 years. Have made great friends. Once in a while there are jerks on here - not many.

Mrs. Flipper

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

@Questioning my faith:

You do realise that the topic you were referring, where I was one of the ones that was quite rude to you, and I apologise for all that (going through hell at the time, I should not have been posting)... all of that was 7 months ago!

Bloomin' heck.

I thought you were just going to move on from your JW past?..

I have only just popped back in to see if anything caught my eye, after months of relative happiness and relaxation.. and I find someone still harping on about some topic that everyone else has moved on from, forgotten about completely in my case.

You seem to be wasting both your own time, and other people's time.

If you are now living a happy life with no issues, great. Good for you.

Genuinely, that is what we all want, people to leave this cult and just move on.

But why post to tell us that you are not going to post any longer?

If you need support and someone to talk to about all of that pain and anger you are feeling, or maybe you are just lonely and need someone to chat to, this site will welcome you and offer you countless friends if that is what you need.

Here's a hint: If you are still quoting from a conversation that happened 7 months ago...

If you feel the need to announce to a group of people you have only spoken to one time 7 months ago (it'd be impressive if they even remembered yoi really) that you are not going to be talking to them anymore, and you don't want to be a part of their 'group'... there is definitely an issue there. ;) )

Maybe find a meet-up near you?

Not everyone on here is a rabid lunatic with no social skills, like I have been in the past. People change, anyway.

There are loads of normal people having fairly normal conversations about their experiences or how their lives are going.

If you ever need someone to talk to about the pain you are going through, feel free to pop back in sometime.

Or maybe just come back to tell us you are not going to post again. ;) ( I'm only kidding, you know.. You have to laugh or you'd go mad. )

Have a great life. :)

"I am going to use the extra time I have from not being a witness learning a language or maybe even just watching tv."

Sounds like a pretty sweet plan to me. Given a choice between reading anything with the word Watchtower on it and watching Star Trek...

Captain Kirk wins every time. ;)

• KateWild
    KateWild

I suppose people come and go on this site.....some with bold statements others just die off.

With different people you get a different site. I have found it's very different here from when I first came.

But I am still here, trying to support others who need my support and ranting about my problems when I need to rant.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit