Special Talks now via video

by AverageJoe1 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

Ha ha thanks Blues Brother, though they do say that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit! :)

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Pixel nailed it. Everyone watch the screen. Remember "keep your eyes on the prize"? Now it's "keep your eyes on the screen"! It's the ultimate way to control the message, to ensure that everyone hears exactly the same thing in the same way. The organization has ALWAYS been about information control.

But I feel sorry for the audience (well, more than usual). Why? Watching someone talk on a screen, a pre-recorded video, is WAY more boring than a live person (even when that live person is pretty boring). A live person can often react to what is happening in the room. In particular, a good speaker makes eye contact, comments on ambient conditions, makes little jokes, and gives the impression that he is speaking right to you. The best talks were like that. But no more, apparently. Now you just have Big Brother hammering at you from the screen. Yuck.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Oh, and I heard from my elder hubby that the Annual Meeting is now being streamed via video to all the congs. I don't know if it is a full day or half day but more screen! Just keep them eyes on the screen!

• wannabefree
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I remember waking up and learning TTATT. One of the articles I had just read was the 1968 Awake, “ Is it later than you think?”

This was the infamous “What future for the young?” article.

Then the “Special Talk” was entitled, you guessed it, “Is it later than you think?”” WTF???? What were the odds????

It was then I realized that “Special Talks” were just recycled old shit from the addled minds of the Governing Body and their sycophantic Writing Department.

DD

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

“Whose Leadership Can You Trust?”....

Hmmmm. Can they really speak with a clear conscience on that subject ? After all they predicted:

“Millions now Living will Never Die (1920) ....now they are pretty much all dead.

” If you are a young person today you can be sure that you will never grow old” (1969, Awake -quote from memory).........Hey WT, we are getting old!

What they say about governments may be true, but they are no better...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit