Special Talks now via video

by AverageJoe1 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• never a jw
    never a jw

Soon JW's will have 7 Jimmy Swaggarts in their living-rooms asking for money. No need for kingdom halls.

• jp1692
    jp1692
    Observe how the speaker applies some of the teaching methods that will be discussed in the Kingdom Ministry School for the 2018 service year.

How in the world is anyone supposed to observe how something will be done next year?

Idiots!

• pixel
    pixel

This.

• pixel
    pixel

How in the world is anyone supposed to observe how something will be done next year?

Probably they meant 2017-2018 service year. Did not proof read their own stuff.

• pimojw
    pimojw

many will have attended the latest KMS by the time the special talk comes round.

• Hecce
    Hecce

The local speakers were a danger to the Branch, some of them were more qualified as speakers than what Bethel used to send out to the Conventions.

This was not good for the central control needed for domination, in order to remedy this the outlines have been made very simple, absolute following of them is requested and no additional material to be added.

The current meetings setup doesn't allow for the development of any new talent, as the good speakers fade away we will eventually have just the videos and so on for the meetings.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    Idiots

Let me make this simple for you.

The 2018 Service Year started on 1st September 2017.

The KMS for 2018 Service year will run from 1st October 2017 to 28th February 2018. (In almost all countries)

The Special Talk is during the week of 19th March 2018. So all Elders and MS will have known the teaching methods which they will now see on video.

• pimojw
    pimojw

everything in the org changes so quickly, usually from one extreme to the other! until recently there was a push for MORE leeway in giving talks. it may be that they now want to clamp down.

there was a seminar for bethel hq speakers, which was later sent out to all branches for all bethel speakers, later on shown to co's at a special seminar for TOs, then i think it was eventually discussed with elders too.

in part it said that "it is not apostasy" if the speaker decides to summarize a number of subpoints into one sentence, and then focus on one subpoint only. this gave a lot more leeway to speakers, allowing for a much better talk. maybe now its going the other way again with tighter control

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I remember when they replaced the Kingdom Ministry School with the Christian Life And Ministry. I used to actually enjoy giving talks from the platform, bible history and theology in general was a massive interest of mine so i loved it. When they knocked all that on the head, my elder father in law said (with a big smile on his face) "see, this is why the GB have changed it. People getting too proud and making it about themselves."

It never was about me, it was about actually enjoying an assignment.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

pale.emperor: I remember when they replaced the Kingdom Ministry School with the Christian Life And Ministry.

The 'Kingdom Ministry School' is the 'school' for elders/ms's - see Drearyweather's post above.

The 'Theocratic Ministry School' is the weekly congregation 'school' which became included within the CLAM meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit