Special Talks now via video

by AverageJoe1 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

FedUpJW - I've been saying it too. Televised talks and videos hello JWTV.

• NeedToKnow
    NeedToKnow

They should just stream all the meetings and we can just stay home and "attend" via the broadcast. Then I can sigh, roll my eyes and nap in comfort.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Whenever an organization makes several small changes in procedure which the "faithful" perceive as a "break from tradition" it generally means they're "softening up" the faithful for a Really Big Change in the not too distant future. Probably a major change in doctrine in the coming months.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Dub, your right. It is right in the letter:

To generate enthusiasm for the Memorial,
  • never a jw
    never a jw

My take is that guests will see the special speech on a monitor and will be disappointed, so they won't attend the Memorial the following week. Therefore the Memorial attendance will suffer. I may be wrong. Possibly people like watching religious speeches on a monitor. We'll see next year.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

TV religion, what?? My grandfather turns in his grave!!!

G.

• steve2
    steve2

Centralising the delivery of the memorial talk will firm up the giving of instructions on who should not be taking the emblems. The GB know that the increasing number of partakers is problematic to doctrine .

Also the use of centrally pre-recorded program parts is perhaps an indication that many local bodies of elders are/were struggling to give the talks and were dropping out.

• Edison Trent
    Edison Trent

I think that's the point. Surely the talk will include hints about not taking the emblems.

Another point that i saw the last years: Many witness families go on holiday right after the memorial and are missing the special talk in their cong. This year for example the hall in my town was pretty empty.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Imagine, though, what the newly interested one will think. Turning up to "the most special night" and watching a talk being given via video on a screen. It's very culty.

It's like the Mormons stream the General Conference via the internet. Although, in the Mormons case you can actually turn up to watch it in their huge conference center if you have a ticket.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Love the irony (sarcasm) in the o/p.

They say " branch office speaker" , I believe it said. Does that mean a recording made locally? ..In this case London. It wouuld be a vast improvement if it was. As the Australian poster said above, all these Americans make U K audience's feel alienated.

It is yet another nail in the coffin for elders talks. Soon it will all be video. I wonder how many will turn up? If they do, will they want to come again to the Memorial?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit