2020-Articles Of Association--Bylaws--Notice Of Special Meeting! (as of 2020-11-25)

by Atlantis 104 Replies latest jw friends

• jekcorner
    jekcorner

can I have this?

• Fabricio
    Fabricio
    2 days ago

Pm me please

Tnx

• overlap_great.crowd
    overlap_great.crowd

hi can i have it please

• littlecandle
    littlecandle

Could I also get a copy of this?

• belogical
    belogical
    I would like a copy please and thank you
  • Jeffro
    Jeffro

asp59:

One if understand it right is JWs inactive being kicked out of congregation. Can't imagine org wanna suddenly drop what could be 100000 s of members. I think they are that many. Think of the donations org will have to do without.

No. The letter does not refer to 'kicking out' inactive JWs. Since earlier this year, the Watch Tower Society has made a distinction between "members" and 'those in the congregation', and these letters are consistent with that. The "members" of the corporation must, in addition to being 'active' JWs, be at least 18 and there is no indication whatsoever that the Society is saying those under 18 are no longer JWs, and they are still 'members' in the typical religious sense though not able to vote on matters of the corporation. (However, it is obvious that they do not want dissenting 'members' (in the religious sense) from being able to vote on matters pertaining to the local corporation.) Nor would it be necessary to tell 'those in the congregation' who is actually considered a member of the "corporation" as all could individually believe themselves to be members in that sense, but their votes simply would not be counted. JWs are generally trained to vote as expected on congregational matters anyway, hence the pre-printed letters indicating the motions 'were' carried. Notably, a requirement of corporation 'membership' is to be "completely in harmony with the doctrines and organizational arrangements set forth by the ecclesiastical Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses", therefore disagreeing with a motion ostensibly set by the Governing Body could disqualify corporation membership.

The other thing is telling the congregation that org maybe won't be around. They would never do that. They just lie and lie everything is great the whole time will selling out everything.

The wording seems to be more crafted around ensuring that moneys go to an entity with tax-exempt status, but even if they believed it credible that the New York corporation might be removed altogether, they would make all efforts to disburse the funds to their other various entities.

• JeffT
    JeffT

The wording seems to be more crafted around ensuring that moneys go to an entity with tax-exempt status

The IRS requires this of all nonprofit organizations.

• Marcial
    Marcial

Bonjour Atlantis / Petra

Avec toute notre tendre affection pour vous et pour tout ce que vous nous apportez et qui est unique dans ce forum où vous êtes l'un des piliers sans lesquels il ne tiendrait pas

Merci

Marcial

• Peter000
    Peter000

Send me please.

Tks

• LV101
    LV101

Petra - please don't worry your pretty little head over haters - you work so hard emailing on top of providing info to all. Many thanks also to Atlantis/Vulcan. Please stay.

Where did I read WT's worried about the lights going out - hilarious! Half asleep but one of their gov goons on video made comment? Thx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit