Wrong Religion

by Vanderhoven7 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Hi Godbeliever, your response was lengthy, but still you refuse to answer a simple question with a factual answer: What extraordinary proof shows that God/Jesus selected the Bible Students to be the "faithful slave."

Being persecuted is not a sign of divine selection. Jews have been persecuted throughout the world for centuries - but more so in the 20th century. Come back with divine evidence.

• GodBeliever
    GodBeliever

Hi Boogerman,

I am not posting here to convince anyone of my beliefs. You can't make anyone believe something unless they are willing to believe. You see : "faith is the certainty of things hoped for, a proof of things not seen. For by it the people of old gained approval. By faith we understand that the world has been created by the word of God so that what is seen has not been made out of things that are visible. And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for the one who comes to God must believe that He exists, and that He proves to be One who rewards those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:1‭-‬3‭, "

"We also speak these things, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words. But a natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. But the one who is spiritual discerns all things, yet he himself is discerned by no one."1 Cor 2:13‭-‬15 ‬

"for we walk by faith, not by sight"—2 Cor.

"Now He was questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, and He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God is not coming with signs that can be observed; nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.”Luke 17:20‭-‬21

Only those who are part of the kingdom of God can see it.

Just wanted to point out the precarious position of Governing Body which is unable to support their standing with Jehovah's witnesses original understanding of the bible. As a consequence they keep changing those teachings becoming ridiculous. I hope people from inside the organisation who are honest with Jehovah and Jesus and even themselves to figure that out.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

You're not really being intellectually honest until you dare to question the merits of religion, spirituality, theism and the reliability of the Bible. Like Cofty used to say, you haven't done your homework yet until you remove the dogma from the equation.

I would point out five linked dogmas that one needs to have the courage to remove in order to start having an honest discussion:

1) Gods exist

2) The Judaic-Christian creator god exists

3) That god is Almighty and perfect and good

4) The Bible is that god's message to mankind.

5) Therefore, the Bible is perfect (inerrant)

Until you remove these dogmas, you can't have an honest discussion.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ Godbeliever - (1 Peter 3:15) . . .always ready to make a defense before everyone who demands of you a reason for the hope you have, . . .

If you can't offer any defense/proof for your belief that the 'faithful slave' was selected from a bunch of JW's in the USA in 1919, then you are not being honest with yourself.

• LV101
    LV101

EdenOne -- Speaking of "Cofty" just where is he these days and is he okay - I do hope so. I've been so busy and not on the board much but haven't seen any of his posts.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Going back to your original post could I add this one to your list.

You regularly attend well-known sports stadiums in the summer but have never seen a sports match or game in any of them.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Good one LITF.

• Smiles
    Smiles

1 Forbidding earmarked donation efforts, and redirecting any such donations away from the donor's intended use.

2 "Modern day applications" of ancient writings to ancient audiences.

3 Earthly chain of command structure with a "special channel" to invisible diety.

• GodBeliever
    GodBeliever

https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:32157377-e0f5-3531-afa6-dec4eda3572b

Hi Vanderhoven.

I don't know JWs current teachings on how someone can be saved, but this book(Salvation, 1939) will give you the answers, if you think is worth reading it. According to the bible, I believe that we have no personal merit in regards to our salvation. However, when we get to know God we need to live by his commandments. Someone cannot say "I believe" and everything stops there. It's more than that. Afterwards, we need to live as Jesus lived.

"whoever claims to abide in him ought to live [just] as he lived."

1 John 2:6

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@ Godbeliever,

Thanks for the URL for the Salvation book. I'll have to take a look at it. In fact I may have it in my library.

<<I believe that we have no personal merit in regards to our salvation.>>

Great! So have you been saved by faith? In other words, have you been justified by faith.

And do you think that it is possible that some who don't believe that Jesus presence (parousia) has occurred yet could be among those who survive Armageddon?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit