Wrong Religion

by Vanderhoven7 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Vanderhoven" Jehovah’s Witnesses are under a curse

So the family I love are 'cursed' are they? Bah! You're no better than they are when they call everyone else 'worldly'.

• jhine
    jhine

It's getting a bit intense here , l would suggest that it is not up to us to second guess God's love , grace and wisdom.

We cannot know how He will judge everyone. He sees into a person's heart in a way that we cannot .

We must walk our own faith journey according to how He leads us .

Jan

• GodBeliever
    GodBeliever

Hi Vanderhoven,

I am a bit confused with what you believe because you keep pointing out basic bible truths most Christians know but you don't actually say who is going to live or die. You accuse JWs of saying that billions will die in Armageddon but you're saying that people are saved by faith alone. What about billions of people who do not believe in Jesus's sacrifice. What is going to happen to them considering they will refuse to believe even after their resurrection?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@Godbeliver

Yes, Jehovah’s Witnesses have stated billions will perish at Armageddon. In fact they have written that 99.9% of mankind alive at the end will be destroyed eternally. To them, only Jehovah's Witnesses have a scriptural hope of surviving Armageddon.

Thank you for questioning my beliefs. First I believe the Bible is the word of God from cover to cover., that there is only one class of Christian, that the 144,000 symbolically represent the innumerable great Crowd of believers.

So here is how I understand what the scriptures teach concerning eschatology.

Firstly, I see 1914, 1918, and 1919 as bogus and only serving to distract from the gospel by adding to it unnecessary elements to and requirements for salvation.

Since I see Armageddon is a thing of the past, I believe in and have a hope for the resurrection of all mankind, both the just and the unjust. This is because Christ died not only for the church, but for every person who has ever lived since and including Adam.

At Christ's Second coming, the just will be raised immortal and given a body like unto His glorious body. Their destiny includes reigning over the nations in Christ's kingdom during the millennium.

The unjust will face Christ in their sins and will experience both punishment and judgment. Severity of punishment will depend on circumstance and knowledge....but every evil deed, and word spoken will be brought to light.

All those of mankind, who have not sinned against the Holy Spirit will be ruled with a rod of iron during Christ's reign. Satan will be released at the close of the thousand years and and all those siding with him will be cast into the lake of fire..I.e., destroyed eternally.

Finally, all sin and suffering and death will be eradicated and the new heavenly Jerusalem will descend to the new earth and God's dwelling place will be with man in perpetuity.

Christ is going to win big time. He will draw all men unto himself and we will forever be with the Lord.

As for who has sinned against the Holy Spirit, I will leave that to the one who alone can read the hearts of men. I Chron 28:9, Revelation 2:23

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

You didn't clearly answer Godbelievers question.

What about billions of people who do not believe in Jesus's sacrifice. What is going to happen to them?

I'd like a straight answer to that one too Vanderhoven.

All those Hindu's, Sikhs, Muslims, Atheists and everyone else who refuses to "bend the knee" - what has your loving god got in store for us?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@Nicolaou,

Your distain for faith is apparent and that is why I declined and will continue to decline your invitation for a respectful discussion on faith issues.

Peace

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

It's disdain not distain. Didn't Jesus say something about giving an answer to anyone who demanded it?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@Nicolaou

Yes, thanks for the spelling correction.

Peace

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

here is my list:

1) why should i have a religion?

• waton
    waton

from a deist standpoint, the Universe, is a very successful enterprise, and at least on this planet life sparked up and flourished.

It stands to reason, that if there is, or would be a continuation to that process, and those that contributed well to the maintaining and advancement of good progress would be useful in furthers activities in that endeavour, then some form of after life might be in the plan.

in the mean time, dont be mean, treat your presence in the present as a present, do well, that is good enough. enJpy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit