Did you have a favorite pub . . .

by compound complex 34 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

COCO:

I liked the Commentary on the Letter of James. I thought it was great.

I even copied the book of James in the Bible in longhand to memorize it better.

• compound complex
    compound complex

LongHairGal:

Me, too, re that publication.

Ed D -- suddenly forgot his last name -- was my teacher at Bethel and writer of COTLOJ. Years later, when I discovered what had happened to him, a man of integrity and loyalty, it made me realize that the good works of an individual trickle down in time and affect us -- from afar.

THANKS!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

COCO:

I think his last name was Dunlap. I loved that book and wish I still had it.

Yeah, the man of integrity is no longer there.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I liked the older books that had a little bit of history in them also, like Your Will Be Done On Earth. I believe it was that book that mentioned how cosmic rays may be used by Jehovah, lol

LRG

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

LHG:

Im sure a local sister would be more than happy to place a copy of that publication with you! ;-)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LITTLEROCKGUY:

That's one of the books they trashed! Apparently, he and the religion parted ways.

Even though I can't stand the religion and what it has come to, certain things and people stand out in my mind in a good way. It's a little sad but that's the way it is.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Our thinking has changed, of course, but, back then, did you have a WT publication you especially liked?

Back in the day when I decided to give that Jehovah thing a serious try, it was one of the same books that you chose. It was the "All Scripture..."

I do have a favorite pub (of the other kind) too.

• Divergent
    Divergent

The Proclaimers book. Kept me occupied as a kid during the meetings

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Did you have a favorite pub . . .

The Watchtower, untapped. Every edition since 1862.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

AID Book and Greatest Man

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit