Did you have a favorite pub . . .

by compound complex 34 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

Aid to Bible Understanding.

The summer of 1973, while heavy with child, I read it through from Aaron to Zuzim.

Sylvia

• New day
    New day

Personal favorite is Commentary on the book of James. Great book. Apparently written by Ed Dunlap, friend of Ray Franz, also one of those purged in the 80s.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Eva and snowbird, the Aid book was in the top three for me. Even my judicial committee recommended it for study while disfellowshipped.

I heard that Raymond Franz had a large part in its creation.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I still have the Aid book around somewhere.

Recently, I went to the Bible Chronology section and made corrections.

LOL.

Sylvia

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Before I got baptised (in 1997) I read a lot of the older publications. I liked Jehovah's Wintesses In The Divine Purpose and the yellow What Has Religion Done For Mankind? Because they both had a lot of history and I like history.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, my friends, for your additions to this thread.

I enjoyed working on Aid to Bible Understanding in the press room. I labored meticulously over the so-called make ready, paper cutouts made to fill in for the hills and valleys of the rotary press cylindrical plates. It was all so primitive back then.

Those in charge chided me for being slow: "You're taking way too much time -- it's not necessary!"

• snowbird
    snowbird

CoCo, the world is not worthy of you.

Sylvia

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

No favourite, I hated all of them equally

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I'm with Outlaw, I prefer a PUB to a pub.

But seriously, the AID book and the Greatest Man book. The All Scripture Inspired book wasn't bad either. I remember seeing a non-JW Sunday School Teacher running off xerox prints of pages from the Greatest Man book for her lessons each week.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Two come to mind "Equipped For Eveygood Work" a commentary on each of the bible books and the green book "Your Will Be Done" book on Daniels prophecys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit