Did you have a favorite pub . . .

by compound complex 34 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Publication, that is?

I just found All Scripture Is Inspired of God and Beneficial in storage. I enjoyed studying it, as well as Make Sure of All Things, Hold Fast to What Is Fine.

Our thinking has changed, of course, but, back then, did you have a WT publication you especially liked?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Did you have a favorite pub.....CoCo

This is one of my favorites..

Image result for ridge pub osoyoos.Image result for ridge pub osoyoos

Image result for ridge pub osoyoos

• zophar
    zophar

The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived was pretty good.

At least you had the chance, when studying that book, to read about Jesus' compassion and common sense more than the Governing Body's straight jacket of petty rules.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I never liked any of the jw publications they all went into the trash in a quantum entanglement with the landfill.

Now on the subject of pubs not much of a drinker but chicken wings are always on my list

• Tallon
    Tallon

Back then my favourite was: Life - How did it get here? By evolution or by creation?

• blondie
    blondie

I liked the Greatest Man book; the most info about Jesus in one place, no questions tied to individual paragraphs, reading of complete parts of the bible, not just cited or snippets. I think it was studied 3 times. Loved the pictures (I was an adult all 3 times).

I think it was the most every jws learned about Jesus as more than an inanimate tool for jws salvation.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

CoCo,

Make Sure of All Things, Hold Fast to What Is Fine.

That was my favorite. It got down to basic scriptures. The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life (The blue bomb) was my second favorite. I ordered it in 60+ languages (which got tossed after I learned about TTATT). The funny thing that I saw was the Russian version which had the word Pravda on the spine.

• eva luna
    eva luna

I enjoyed reading the Aide book.

It was fun looking up different words.

Kind of a JW mini encyclopedia.

I still have a copy .

That and my old marked up bible that I used to study my way out, are the only books I kept.

ah , take that back; a friend gave my an old paradise book that I keep around too.

• Ucantnome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit