Did you have a favorite pub . . .

by compound complex 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

The publications bored me to the point of almost making me feel sick.

So many meetings and assemblies and studying the Watchtower as a family when I grew up, why would I want to read more about it.

I never read any of them cover to cover when I was a witness or the bible. I've read Genesis a few times but seldom got past that.

I'm not really a reader.

I'm reading a theological book now about a page every day or two. I enjoy reading it and need to think about what he's saying so that takes time. Some nights I just read a sentence.

I read Ray Franz books rather quickly cover to cover and I read Carl Olof Jonssons The Gentile Times Reconsidered almost as quick. I enjoyed Ray's books and found Carl's interesting. I read them after I left the witnesses.

I think so many meetings and study, hours and hours of it as a child killed any interest in the publications for me. At one point I bought quite a few old publications at book fairs. I never read any of them. I just liked that they were old books.

• tiki
    tiki

Commentary on the book of James...haha....and we all know where that one ended up. I did like the old Babylon book..the red one....and the green Ezekiel one.....

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

I liked "What has Religion Done for Mankind?", the "Creation" book, the "Live Forever" (red study) book, the "Happiness" book, and the little pink "Greatest Teacher" book.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

tiki,

I did like the old Babylon book..the red one....

If I recall correctly, it was the Babble-on book that brought up how the cross was a pagan symbol derived from the Ankh which in turn was derived from a stylistic representation of male and female genitalia.

• intropist
    intropist

Mankind’s Search for God

At least, it talked about others...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit