Do you still believe in God?

by FormerlySandL 162 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Reading through Acts5v29 last posts it was clear she really wasn't engaging with the debate, she seemed genuinely surprised she wasn't being taken seriously. She reminded me of my teenage uber JW self and yes, I wish someone had gotten in my face 35 years ago and given me something to think about . . .
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How kind of her to supply a picture of her sick relative.....cofty

You never miss an Opportunity to Be a Prick..

I knew she would be leaving a few days ago and why..

I supplied the photo (it`s a stock photo) to give readers a visual...

She did leave a Message for You though..

If you ever speak to coffy, please send my sincere best wishes - just as I send to you.....Acts5v29

She`s much Kinder to You..

Than You would Ever Be to Her..

• No Longer a JW Brother
    No Longer a JW Brother
    I can't say for sure that he does exist but I can't say that he doesn't so that makes me agnostic but not without purpose.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Maybe this or similar is back in the Thread somewhere, Jeez, I can't read the whole feckin thing :

Cofty has a challenge that says something like "Tell me what you mean by "god" and I will prove "he" doesn't exist".

Take Cofty up on it , if you think you are agnostic.

I don't believe in ANYTHING ! ( "belief" meaning accepting something is true, without real, testable evidence.)

• ULFBERHT
    ULFBERHT

Nope.

Looking back, I don't think I ever really did.

• cofty
    cofty
    I supplied the photo (it`s a stock photo) to give readers a visual... - Outlaw

How very thoughtful of you

Outlaw you have been looking for a new nutty evangelist to hook up with since the last pair you adored got the boot. I know how much you love to play the hero and take offense on behalf of others. I'm so happy for you that you have found somebody new

Phizzy - I agree. When people talk to their fellow believers about god the know exactly what they mean. When you ask a challenging question they get all coy and start waffling about vague non-personal entities.

An agnostic is just an atheist who needs to do some more thinking.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    The more I read and the more I think the less certain I become.
  • cofty
    cofty
    SBF - You can't even bring yourself to affirm that planet earth is not flat. How are you ever going to decide about important things?
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    how's our poor put upon buddy these days?
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Of course I agree that the earth is round. But I also agree with Quine that, "no statement is immune to revision".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit