Do you still believe in God?

by FormerlySandL 162 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Ah, so now the issue is total independence, not just independence from God.

Interesting how the story evolves when you're challenged.

So, Mankind could survive without God if Satan and his demons helped us out, is that what you're saying?

I'm sure, JuandeFiero, you understand really. Mankind would not have survived - not with the free will which we have.

• juandefiero
    juandefiero

So, when a majority of vocal individuals present rational, logical arguments (that so happen to not agree with your ideology), it becomes a melee?

Debate and discussion are not persecution.

• juandefiero
    juandefiero
    I'm sure, JuandeFiero, you understand really. Mankind would not have survived - not with the free will which we have.

Then why intervene? Surely his point was made.

OK...then explain the confusing of the languages at Babel. What was God so afraid of? That Mankind wouldn't survive? Wouldn't that prove his point?

So, what you're saying is WE have free will, but God doesn't. We can decide to follow one path or another, but God is a slave because it's "impossible for [him] to lie"...and he has no ability to intervene until he proves his point.

Seems to me, we are the superior species.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I don't believe in a personal God, that's for sure.

If God exists, the ball is in his court ...

That's two controversial threads in your first three threads that you've started, Former.

A true baptism of fire.

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

The quality of discussion can be gauged by the percentage of attitude which comprises the questions - too much, and they are not really questions, wouldn't you agree?

nicaloau asked me for an explanation - which I gave - then several rather more heated posts which I also responded to. It was a serious response to a question which truly haunts some people - doesn't it deserve a little respect, for their sakes?

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Acts5v29

Have you ever wondered why human prototypes always give assertions from talking snakes merit?

Have you ever wondered if "independence" in the spirit world causes angels to cannibalized by each other or raped by each other or accidental death or Down syndrome or 70 year life spans?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    If watchtower people come here and want support, surely reason should prevail rather than a melée. It certainly does not do the case for atheism any credit if there is so much anger against believers.

You clearly don't understand what reason is nor are you familiar with this forum. Believers don't face a melée of anger, everyone is welcome. Self appointed evangelists on the other hand . . .

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

respectfully nicolaou, evangelist or not, you asked me to give a response on the thread and I gave it according to the query - so why then complain? why the vitriol?

My ministry is very simple - and transparent - and it demands nothing of anyone. But the answer to why God "Permits Evil" is sound and reasoned, and unlike the alternatives I have heard here points to a nearby-time of solution, rather than a continuance. If you do not believe it, fine, but for peace of mind a little credence can produce dividends.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Since god(s) only exist within the human imagination, arguing or debating that inherent imagination usually results in an uneventful folly, particularly if a person firmly places themselves behind that purposed wall that they have surrounded themselves with.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I'll slander you ActsV29 and your evil,dirty bloodthirsty, voyeuristic,perverted god of the bible and as usual your excuses for this deity are pathetic, what are you going to do about it, pray that he/she rains bolts of lightening down from heaven to me? this pic sums you and your belief up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit