what buzz word from the jw's do you hate & why?

by Sabin 83 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Something I've never understood:

Why is "lunch" apparently a dirty word?

At every assembly I've ever attended, there is a break at midday so we can "enjoy our noon meal".

WTF?

Who says "noon meal"?

Why can't you just say "lunch"?

Idiots.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

How about a phrase instead of a word?

'You know a tree by it's fruits'

and then

'Look at our fruits'

• Divergent
    Divergent

"Let us stand if we are able to & sing song number..."

Duhhh! Of course! It goes without saying that! How would you be expected to stand if you were not able to???

• dugout
    dugout

listen to these--- the friends, the society,the Organization,the field( sounds very cultish), this is the best--unbaptized publisher,faithful slave........... uh we are the slaves. New World, new system.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Like other here, the top loaded language example I loathe is 'the Truth(tm)'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_language

• dugout
    dugout
    oh.............. Nice comment uh that not your comment that's the (((societies comment your just parroting))))) While were at it( We missed u at the meeting last night) deleted,removed,reproved. And why is every meeting Soooooooooo good
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

From my...*ahem*coff coff*...Millions book............

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

"Family Head"

That really annoys me!

• flipper
    flipper

Imagine what some of that stuff sounds like to someone never a jw. (Me, for instance.)

Worldly. Very insulting when you realize just what they mean. Knowing that Flippers jw relatives will look down their noses as me for being worldly, especially after their own "ethically challenged" behavior. I don't know anyone in my worldly circle of family and friends who would pull the kind of crap they do.

Fleshly. Sounds like they are talking with their mouth full of mush.

The truth. Spiritual food. Yuck.

It always creeps me out when religious people use archaic words. I get kind of a nightmarish mental picture of fanatics from past centuries.

Mrs. Flipper

• brandnew
    brandnew
    😡😡 IN DUE TIME 😡😡

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit