what buzz word from the jw's do you hate & why?

by Sabin 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Question_Mans_interpretation
    Question_Mans_interpretation

I too hate the term "worldly" and when they quote that scripture "no part of the the world". Ugh we live here, we are part of this world. Lets make the best of it.

And yes the "truth" and "apostate" are my follow up trigger words. I will roll my eyes when I hear any of the above.

• Lieu
    Lieu

John 3:16 KJVFor God so loved "the world", that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

• zeb
    zeb
    ... arrangement.....
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

I never heard the term 'mother(TM)' here in the Uk, unless I was asleep.

But.....

I appreciate the grand privilege of unity in this time of the end as we go our separate ways so that's fine, isn;t it brother.

• sir82
    sir82

Another irksome thing:

At least 50% of the prayers say "we leave this meeting in your care and keeping"

Care and keeping.....care and keeping....care and keeping.....

Never just "in your care"...never just "keeping".....always together, "care and keeping....care and keeping....care and keeping...."

"Care and keeping" is never used by anybody at any time for any reason whatsoever, but at a Kingdom Hall, it is mentioned 3 or 4 times a week.

When I was younger, there was a TV commercial for English muffins that frequently mentioned "nooks and crannies" in said muffins. Never just "nooks", never just "crannies", always "nooks and crannies". No one ever used "nooks and crannies" in any context other than English muffins. This commercial seemed to air several times a day.

To entertain myself, whenever I used to hear someone say "care and keeping" in a prayer, I'd silently add "and nooks and crannies".

I cracked myself up at times.

• justme
    justme
    @sir82 all i can say is LOL...u cracked me up...too funny..i remember that commercial too...
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

I was at a 'get together(tm)' many moons ago. the guitars came out. Hank Marvin was lauded as guitar god (If only he'd learned to play, he just made it at a time when nicking duane eddie's sound was acceptable), I digress. A brother(tm) sang Lennon's 'Imagine' and inserted the word 'false' before 'religion'. I had to run to the khazi to throw up!

False religion(tm), hah, all religions are false!

• talesin
    talesin

"Keep your eyes on the prize."

I find it particularly galling to find this is a term that the Xtian Fundies have picked up, so we hear it on TV and other places. *pukes*

Then, there's,

get-togethers

the Truth

"fleshly" sister or brother (why can't they say 'blood' like normal people?)

imperfect men

worldlings

unevenly yoked

like Unky Punky, I never heard "Mother", but it reeks

theocratic arrangement

brazen

this old system of things

Jehovah's happy people (most of whom are on anti-depressants)

• tiki
    tiki

Marriage mate......its your spouse...or hubby or wifey. And in that vein....did you ever hear a male dub refer to his wife as "his better half" ???

• zeb
    zeb
    I can see a book happening here...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit