what buzz word from the jw's do you hate & why?

by Sabin 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Freeandclear
    Freeandclear

Privileges - code for "more menial work for you brother!"

There is a brother (whom I dearly love and respect) in my old hall who is the PO of BOE and he conducts the WT and now that it's so dumbed down he no longer really brings out any points. I can remember back in the day the WT discussion was lively and full of interesting things, extra research by others etc.... now it's just read, ask the question, get the stock answer and move along.... Anyway, this brother used to be a very fine teacher. Now when I listen to the meetings it's like he's a robot just moving the meeting along, no extras... Well all that above to say this, he has a stock phrase he uses WAY too much, he says it after almost every answer is given, I swear the bOrg has replaced him with a genetic clone....he always says "Isn't that so true?" "Isn't that soooo true?" I've heard it so many times it makes me cringe...... Sad.

The Organization - this never really set well with me. Now it's even worse. Nowhere in the Bible is the word Organization presented like that, and it's worshiped. Current JW's view the Org as profits and leaders under the direct hand of God....again, sad.

• freddo
    freddo
    The Faithful and Discreet Slave
  • MissFit
    MissFit

New light. Or the light keeps getting brighter- greatest gimmick ever!!! we weren't wrong,just needed new light.

Bad association: anyone not a JW, everyone not brainwashed = no friends

Spiritual feast -

Other sheep, great crowd

Great tribulation is just around : the bend,the corner, beware any minute now it's coming?

• cha ching
    cha ching

Evidently......

Apparently.....

"Mother"!!!!!!

• MissFit
    MissFit
    Wait on Jehovah, Trust in Jehovah- a statement used to counter any complaints about unfairness or unclear doctrines
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

what buzz word from the jw's do you hate & why?

I hate the phrase 'spiritual food' - because it often gave me spiritual diarrhea.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Alive! - "...I took a relative to one of the meetings and she was offended by this derogatory term."

Sometimes I can't decide if the WTS's "in-group"/"out-group" jargon is meant to be objectionable on purpose, or whether it just kind of evolved that way out of collective dumbassedness.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Loving-kindness.

Great loving-kindness.

Undeserved loving-kindness.

• Tricked
    Tricked
    "Unbelieving Mate" - especially because this is how one of the brothers introduced my husband to another witness. I was mortified that he said that in front of my husband.
  • Divergent
    Divergent

Wait on Jehovah - totally forgot about that one until MissFit mentioned it. That has definitely got to be on my list!

Why? Because "wait on Jehovah" = excuse to do nothing!

Another one I forgot - Can you do more?

Why? Because you can never do enough! Eg: If you are not pioneering, can you do more & pioneer? If you start & auxiliary pioneer for one month, can you do more & continue? If you are a regular auxiliary pioneer, can you do more & regular pioneer? If you are a regular pioneer, can you do more & serve where the need is greater? And it goes on and on...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit