Evolution is a Fact - Index of Parts 1 - 40

by cofty 191 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    How did life, DNA, biochemical pathways originate? - Dimble Nuck

This series of threads is about the evidence that every living thing evolved from a common ancestor. This mush is unassailable and beyond all sensible debate in the scientific community.

This explains why better-informed creationists only ever want to talk about abiogenesis and cosmic origins.

There has been a lot of exciting progress in the field of abiogenesis in recent years. Bioenergetics is the key. Life - all the way to the first cell - probably originated in alkaline hydrothermal vents. If you are genuinely interested get a copy of "The Vital Question" by Nick Lane. Of course we both know you have no genuine interest in answers to your "questions".

• cofty
    cofty
    They can't comprehend that intelligent design merely means intelligent design, whether by another biological lifeform, spirit, computer simulation, etc, it absolutely has nothing to do or prove any god of any religion - Bad Wolf

Why do you say "they can't comprehend"? I am very familiar with the disingenuous claims of the ID movement and the Discovery Institute. Their attempts to distance themselves from the word "god" are well known lies that have been exposed many times by their own words. It was the centrepiece of the Dover trial.

But even if we take your statement at face value it gets us nowhere apart from an infinite regress.

Evolution has no need for an "intelligent designer". There is no question that cannot be answered by naturalistic methods. Methodological Naturalism is the bedrock of science.

• cofty
    cofty
    There are a hundred more questions like these that have been put to evolutionists. Not an answer from these self-inflated pseudoscientists - Dimble Nuck

We both know that is a lie.

There is not one question that you could not resolve with a little bit of research.

I will get to your "questions" about sex and natural selection when I get time later today. They are both simple questions based on your simple ignorance of facts.

• cofty
    cofty

Dimble Nuck - My prediction was correct...

Please tell me which books that present the scientific evidence for biological evolution you have studied?

I predict the answer is none and that you will evade this question - So far this prediction has a 100% success rate.

You are probably around the tenth creationist I have put this question to with identical results. Ignorance is a choice.

• cofty
    cofty
    Cofty often resorts to the "Wait on Jehovah" answer that used to get handed to us when he gets questioned - Perry

I never do that in connection with biological evolution unless it relates to some unresolved detail.

The evolution of all living things from a common ancestor is beyond sensible dispute. There are millions of peer-reviewed papers discussing the myriad details. Of course a great deal still remains to be discovered. Science is still young. Its effects on human knowledge are astonishing. Many of the tools it uses have only been available very recently. In genetics the growth in knowledge is exponential. All of it confirms the fact of biological evolution.

Because of this inconvenient fact you keep changing the subject to questions outside of biological evolution such as abiogenesis and cosmic origins. Your god keeps receding into smaller and smaller gaps.

• cofty
    cofty

Dumble Nuck - I just found the source from which you are copy-pasting your "questions".

Why didn't you provide a source?

15 - Questions for Evolutionists..

By the way I could - and in most cases have - answered every one of them in this series and in other threads.

Your ignorance is matched by your intellectual dishonesty.

• Nimble duck
    Nimble duck
    Life - all the way to the first cell - probably originated in alkaline hydrothermal vents.

This is typical evolutionist BS. They state something as a "fact" and then commence to make liberal use of these adverbs.

This is how you form your, "I'm-positive-I'm-right" sentence???

Cofty: Your Honor, the accused is GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY and I will probably have proof someday as my investigation "is still young". I propose we hang the accused today and find the proof later, at some future date."

Cofty, the Bernie Madoff of evolution

• cofty
    cofty
    This is typical evolutionist BS. They state something as a "fact" and then commence to make liberal use of these adverbs. - Dumble Nuck

I stated that evolution is a fact. I have never stated that any particular hypothesis regarding abiogenesis is a fact.

The origin of life PROBABLY began in alkaline hydrothermal vents. The answer may turn out to be elsewhere.

All living things DID evolve from a common ancestor over millions of years. This is a fact beyond all sensible dispute.

Evolution and abiogenesis are two different questions.

• Splash
    Splash

Beaujolais is a good companion to duck pâté.

• Nimble duck
    Nimble duck
    I stated that evolution is a fact. I have never stated that any particular hypothesis regarding abiogenesis is a fact.
    The origin of life PROBABLY began in alkaline hydrothermal vents. The answer may turn out to be elsewhere.

Do you read what you write? For the love of unGod man, give it a try. "The answer MAY turn out to be"... you might fool the gullible with this kind of clap trap, but a thinking mind is in no danger with your nonsense. All your "proof" is still in the future, and you are a hangin' today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit