The Truth shall set you free but first it will make you miserable!

by Michele Lyon 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Michele Lyon
    Michele Lyon

I'm new to this web site. I was 3rd generation witness, a member for over 40 yrs.I helped write information for the Awake mag. (for a brief while), I'm a certified grief counselor, counselor for addictions, co-taught workshops on addictions, communication, marriage & parenting, 12 step work. You can imagine the problems dealing with a religion in denial . I left the org. about 7yrs ago. I was on a treadmill working out and I said to God: "I can't do this anymore, if this is your religion and you approve of it, then I cannot approve of you as my God any longer. I guess I will just have to die!" Rather than being hit by lighting; he approved! (He doesn't like whooses). It was at this time he opened up communication with me. I still believed in a higher power. Because I was throwing the religion out do I throw out the baby out with the bath water? I had alot of questions thru the years and I started to get answers to them. The "Truth" could not be revealed to them because the truth was not in them. After I left I put on a new pair of glasses. I found there were to be some astounding revelations!

I had come to believe the Bible must be invalid. But after I left I was shown to re-read it. I've gotten a whole different view of the whole picture. I've come to believe the witnesses and other religions were set-up by God. Set-up to fail!! And it was in the Bible the whole time, "So that is why God lets an operation of error go to them, that they may get to believing the lie in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrightousness." 2Thess.2:11,12. Religions cannot possibly know the "sacred secret". They have been duped! How ingenious on God's part! Only those enlightened can discount the religious parts of the Bible (God used to set them up with) to "see" the spiritual truths. It has been one massive cover-up or mystery.

Instead of being angry w/God as I have been in the past and have disowned him, I now want to publically, symbolically shake his hand! And here I thought he was a profound under achiever!

More tid-bits (I have alot where that came from) in the future. Take what you want and leave the rest!

Michele

• minimus
    minimus

Welcome Michele. So you feel God told you this??

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Michele,

I have alot where that came from) in the future. Take what you want and leave the rest!

Good to have you here. I suspect it will be stimulating.

Jst2laws

• rocketman
    rocketman

Welcome.

• little witch
    little witch

Well, welcome to the board, Michele

But if you still are in awe of a god that ''sets people up'' then have you really changed that much?

• shamus
    shamus

Welcome to the board!

Your intro was exacly how many here feel. You are not alone! Healing is a good thing, and you will be happy to get support here.

Many here are pretty harsh at times, myself included. It is a healing thing and I hope that it doesn't bother you.... we are all after the same goal...

Again, Welcome!

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    the truth shall set you free

I always wondered, free from what ???????

welcome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Add me to the list of well wishers and welcomers: Welcome Michele.

• cat1759
    cat1759

Michele welcome to the board!

I have found through my study that religion was only used as a stepping stone to the light. Spirituality comes from within. Spirituality is a personal path that we all walk alone but with God.

Cathy

• blondie
    blondie

Hi michele. Welcome. Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit