Be loyal when a relative is disfellowshipped

by UnshackleTheChains 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zophar
    zophar

So when were the JW grandchildren DF'd? Looks like they are shunned by association. How will they learn the "truth", esp with the attractive way their grandparents present it to them?

Oh, and what if the phone call is to inform the grandparents of a medical emergency or a serious accident their grandchild was involved in?

"By their fruits you will recognize them. - Mt 7:16

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from Help Me Out:

Trying to associate this God-dishonouring practice with loyalty to God is evil. I cannot for one minute think that our Creator would be pleased with a father or mother who ignored the phone call of a child.

Correct! Our Creator is not pleased with this evil behavior which is from The Adversary. A Cult which practices the Works of Satan is indeed the Spawn of Satan.

Why can't those who are 'under the spell' see it? Because they're 'under the spell.' The Deceptions of Satan are powerful and blinding. The "believers" have been mind-screwed to fear all that does not align with their rigid indoctrination. The fear that they feel is stressfully intense. They will not be able to recognize their enslavement until they are able to want to. It is a state of mind called the Stockholm Syndrome. It is irrational.

• NeedToKnow
    NeedToKnow

I actually have a DF sibling whom I have never shunned, unlike the rest of our siblings. He's always been the one who's needed someone there. How is it loving to leave him totally abandoned? Jehovah didn't even do that to the Israelites!!!

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

J.W.'s with disfellowshipped family members should never forget the "loving provision" the org has, (not the Bible) namely, that "glorious ones" in their congregation (elders) can safely discuss spiritual topics/reactivation with d/f'd ones, but the relatives cannot and must not. Sounds logical to me. :(

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Stuckinarut It is NO different to the JW situation. They treat people in an abusive manner, then compound the situation by maligning their character and reputation amongst the rest of the congregation, THEN think that witnesses would WANT to go back??
    Huh??

This might be a good thing to say to "still in" dubs, I believe it will certainly make them think. The concept certainly brought it home to me.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

They always use the example of Korah and Moses with this. They fail to see that that they are Korah, not us.

Korah challenges the authority of Moses despite all the evidence that YHWH was using him (miracles etc.). Moses never got it wrong. Moses didnt flip-flop.

Do we see any evidence that YHWH is using the GB? No. Did Korah have any evidence that YHWH would choose him? No. Both Korah and the GB assume a position that is not theirs.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Is this a recent video ? can anybody show it ? and not the one 4 years or so ago.?

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I mentioned this the other day...

The Prodigal Son parable...the bad wicked son comes home...not because he is repentant or ashamed and wants to mend his ways...no...he is hungry...he comes home NOT to go back to pure worship or anything but rather he is sick of eating scraps.

His father welcomes him home and throws a party...a lesson that is clear is that blood is thicker than water...blood ties are more important than religious ties...family is more important than religious beliefs.

If the father in the Prodigal Son parable was to apply "WT Laws" he would have sent the son packing and not spoke to him when he come home hungry.

Blood ties, family is more important than anything else...Jesus demonstrated that life is more precious that commandments (saving sheep on the sabbath).

The shunning policy indirectly was a main factor in Russia banning them because it is extreme...if they want to take Russia to some Supreme Court to fight for freedom of worship then they the JW's need to change their policy and allow freedom OF religion by allowing those who want to leave not to get shunned by family members....can't have it both ways WT...karma...what goes around comes around...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Surely one of the worst things Watchtower has ever produced.

Only positive spin on it is that perhaps their extremism has reached some sort of limit with this video, like the worst of the storm before a period of calm.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Is this a recent video ? can anybody show it ? and not the one 4 years or so ago.?

https://youtu.be/qxDAY5lVwuI

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit