Repository for JW "experiences" with Hurricane Harvey

by sir82 36 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

It's only a matter of time of course....

JW rumor mills will start up soon, with stories of how JWs were "first on the scene" as the flood waters receded....

How the Red Cross and/or US National Guard and/or Doctors Without Borders and/or [you name it] were marveling at just how "organized" the JWs are....

How zealous JWs were pulling their trolleys thru ankle-deep water to "offer comfort" to victims, by giving them - sandwiches? bottled water? Of course not! To offer them comfort by giving them 16 page "magazines" to read in their spare time....

So as the stories start to come in, you can "deposit" those little nuggets of BS here.

Once collected, we'll wrap them in a pretty bow and flush them away where other instances of pure manure go.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

So far the report is that it's OK folks none of ours is dead. 4K plus displaced but don't worry, we are praying and watching. Rely on Big J.

See news on JW splot Org if you can stand it.

That'll be OK then. Not a word of hope, reassurance or brovverly love to the others. Or practical help to any one for that matter.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

The Jehovah's Witnesses 2017 Regional Convention has been cancelled

In view of the potential dangers of tropical storm Harvey, the Rosenberg Texas convention scheduled for this weekend (August 25-27) has been canceled and will be rescheduled to a new date.

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/276069154-story
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    So far the report is that it's OK folks none of ours is dead. 4K plus displaced...

So that's an even greater opportunity to fleece the flock members who want to help. WT can say "Please donate money only, not food or clothing or stuff." They can organize to collect that money, then send "approved" volunteers AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE to spend a wee bit of that money buying lumber from "approved" brothers and then asking the victims to donate any insurance money they collect because the brothers spent so much on them.

That will be the typical- "Not only did we screw over victims again, but they said 'Thank you.'"

• LV101
    LV101

OTWO - I was telling people the same thing about WT's lucrative/money schemes w/disasters and what they'll be up to w/this Harvey Horror. Disgusting.

The public should be warned and have options to use legitimate contractors. Maybe one of you posters with incredible writing skills could alert the state of Texas.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Watchtower and JW's will help there own....no worldlies allowed!

Watchtower will capitalized on this one....donate, donate, donate! They do it because it works. You still have some rich old timers that would donate their left nut if asked.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

OTWO = Yeah those were my thoughts as well.

• Lootie
    Lootie

Looking at how quickly that city flooded after only 3 days. It makes me understand how the entire earth flooded in Noah's day after 40 days!

But he said he wouldn't punish our sin with flood waters again, so its very confusing. But note that he said he "would not flood entire Earth again". So as this storm moves elsewhere I look at my favorite picture of a rainbow taken in 1983 on a trip to St.Louis, and i'm reminded that I don't have to be afraid that the entire nation will be flooded.

Pray.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

As I have tried to reason with my lovely jw wife, if jehober really loves mankind "so much that he gave his only begotten son" to save them why would he allow such catastrophes, both man made and so called natural disasters, to occur that claim so many human lives? If jesus could calm a windstorm on the Sea of Galilee to save his apostles, why doesn't he help the jw's in Houston with this hurricane? And what would really be impressive and prove that jw's have the troof is if jw's were were the only ones unaffected by these catastrophes. Now that would be a witness for sure!

just saying!

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Lootie: Looking at how quickly that city flooded after only 3 days. It makes me understand how the entire earth flooded in Noah's day after 40 days!

Here's an interesting article about why - and nothing to do with 'Noah's Day'....

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/28/houston-harvey-risk-floods-analysis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit