What are some of the weird teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses, past and present?

by Vanderhoven7 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I would not eat blood sausage or pudding if you paid me a grand cash.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

How about a million cash?

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Sure for a million cash.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Love the quotes on the previous page about "greasy-nosed flappers"! That's gold, right there.

Man, if only they were 1/10 as entertaining in their "literature" nowadays.

• TD
    TD

This falls into the category of teachings that they simply shut-up about and never mentioned again:

--That Adam had both "male" and "female" qualities prior to the creation of Eve and that the "rib" was simply a metaphor for splitting him physically and psychologically into two halves.

This was taught as recently as the 1960's.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

@TD - Holy Cow I never saw that one...

So I guess Adam was hermaphroditic.

The really amazing part though is that a part of Genesis isn't literal (GASP!)

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

why is there no way to comment back on a specific comment? they all go to the end for some reason..?

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Carla - the air baths were in Rutherford's time. I wouldn't actually call this a teaching. Teachings were in their books and The Watchtower, these crazy suggestions came in from the rank and file and appeared regularly in the Golden Age and Consolation. BTW for those who might find this ironic, that dinosaur speculation was in the April 1st magazine.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

MR,

Just paste the earlier comment you are interested in responding to and share your thoughts.

TD

For young earth creationists, that idea could be used to explain how God created male and female on the same 24 hour day.

• carla
    carla

Thank you for the correction Ultimate Axiom! still funny though

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit