What are some of the weird teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses, past and present?

by Vanderhoven7 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

LOL - we are now 108 years removed from 1914.

I remember a CO I had in the 70's & repeated in the 90s. He always managed to worm in "we are now in the 80th year of Kingdom rule" (if the talk was given in 1994) or "82nd year of Kingdom rule" (1996), etc.

I imagine he is long since turned to dust, or if not then he is certainly retired, but I wonder if he would have had the nerve to say "108th year of Kingdom rule...." now.

Did Jesus & Paul refer to the "last days" or the "last centuries"?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

"Man on earth can no more get rid of these demonic `heavens' (the organization of wicked spirits) than man can by airplane or rockets or other means get up above the air envelope which is about our earthly globe and in which man breathes." (The Truth Shall Make You Free, 1943, p. 285)

"The face of the deep, of course, would be toward the Pleiades, which are claimed to be the habitation of Jehovah." (Creation; 1927; 2,175,000 ed.; p. 94)

"The constellation of the seven stars forming the Pleiades appears to be the crowning center around which the known systems of the planets revolve even as our sun's planets obey the sun and travel in their respective orbits. It has been suggested, and with much weight, that one of the stars of that group is the dwelling-place of Jehovah and the place of the highest heavens;..." (Reconciliation; 1928; p. 14)

"The constellation of the Pleiades is a small one compared with others which scientific instruments disclose to the wondering eyes of man. But the greatness in size of other stars or planets is small when compared with the Pleiades in importance, because the Pleiades is the place of the eternal throne of God." (Reconciliation; 1928; p. 14)

What a pile of dog's mess!!!

• Gman2001
    Gman2001

The unique JW concept of "New Light" as opposed to old crusty light.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit