The paranormal.

by Lost in the fog 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unsure
    unsure

(agnostic here)

You are assigning the natural physical process of evolution to a (possible, who knows?) supernatural metaphysical occurrence. I don't think the two mix.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You are correct, Unsure, because reality and imagination are two different things.

• unsure
    unsure

In my opinion, our universe is huge let alone the possibility of multiverses; I would think there are many unexplained phenomenon that until studied and understood, would seem to be beyond the realm of possibility.

Once again though, at this time, I have no proof or have encountered undeniable proof from others of the paranormal.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I agree unsure, the universe is mind-bogglingly huge and must surely contain wonders beyond our imagination. Other inhabited planets perhaps, weird life forms that don't conform to our understating of 'life' as yet, etc.

Some of us have had experiences of unusual phenomena and if we try to describe them to others it understandably becomes a case of saying that is anecdotal and not scientific evidence. That's fair enough, that's exactly what it is.

For those to whom it has happened though, it is real and they don't deserve the name-calling. But it has ever been so when anyone in the past described phenomena that he or she can't yet prove. This is how much of accepted science has developed.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Xanthippe,

I believe you have summed the matter up perfectly!

• unsure
    unsure

Well said @Xanthippe!

• Charles Gillette
    Charles Gillette

Help me with this. Animals are sentient beings that can suffer and feel pain they have emotions like love and attachments.They have consciousness and perception etc.

Wouldn't they too share this phenomena and not be able to tell us or be able to let us know that something is going on that makes them behave differently.

They have a brain and a mind limited as it might be.How are we or science to explain this behavior?

For the record I have no evidence at this time of my research to accept that the physical body brain and all of its organs cease to be when death comes to it.

As to the animals I don't know. And it is ok to say "I don't know at this time." Future evidence may come along that will explain how the brain and mind work when it comes to these matters that evade us for now.

Blueblades

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    They have a brain and a mind limited as it might be.How are we or science to explain this behavior?

I don't understand, what behaviour? If they experience things they can't tell us about how would we know? What are you trying to say?

For the record I have no evidence at this time of my research to accept that the physical body brain and all of its organs cease to be when death comes to it.
    Okay, that's interesting, your research would probably be classed as anecdotal here as I've mentioned but as you say declaring we don't know everything at this time is fine. I feel I'm missing something here so perhaps you could clarify?
  • Charles Gillette
    Charles Gillette

Correction, I meant to say that as of now I am thinking that death is the end of it all.

Also animals will behave out of the ordinary, such as hiding, acting out, doing different actions than what is normal behavior. Who knows why this is so?

Of cause it could be a number of unrelated things,I am no expert on the subject, just asking if there is any connection that science has found in relations to the paranormal.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit