The paranormal.

by Lost in the fog 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

I know that a lot of the people on here have turned their backs on the idea of a deity deciding that god does not exist.

But what about the unseen spirit world generally such as poltergeists, jinns, voodoo, etc. If you have become agnostic, atheist, or just don't care since leaving, do you think that there are spirits out there or have you decided that is also hokum?

• Simon
    Simon
    But what about the unseen spirit world generally such as poltergeists, jinns, voodoo, etc. If you have become agnostic, atheist, or just don't care since leaving, do you think that there are spirits out there or have you decided that is also hokum?

Oh, you mean all the other supernatural things that there is zero evidence for? Why don't we believe that crap either?

Because it's crap

(makes for entertaining TV plots though)

• Addison0998
    Addison0998

I am pretty agnostic but I do believe in spirits. There has been a few times in my life where I’ve heard what is CLEARLY footsteps walking up the stairs and around the upstairs of the house I live in, when there is defenitly no one else at home. I know what footsteps sound like, I’ve been hearing them in this house for years from everyone, and a few weeks ago I clearly heard them. It’s creepy but I just try to ignore it and I think it will ignore me, who knows. I also work at a nursing home where people die quite often, and people who tell me about how they would see ghost, I never believed it. But one day I was in an empty room by myself washing my hands, I looked up in the mirror and I saw behind me an old man walking, I ran out so fast! I swore I know what I saw, but who knows. I feel like there’s defenitly things we don’t know about this world and universe

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    unseen spirit world

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike.” ― Delos Banning McKown

• Simon
    Simon

The human imagination and wiring to quickly see hidden faces is amazing. Sometimes it makes mistakes.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

any cases of a ghost--spirit--bogeyman etc beeing seen by 2 or more witnesses ?

• dynamiterose77
    dynamiterose77

Confession: after leaving I felt more than a little unmoored. I looked into all sorts of things. I was taking wiccan classes and reading tarot at one point (after all, my mom had drilled into my head that I had a genetic predisposition to the occult because my paternal side was into it and predicted the future etc -insert eyeroll-) And yet I was a person that once interviewed James Randii for a project. I'm not saying I was actually seeing things... I believed I was. I started feeling really stupid when I started finding out the causes of my "supernatural" events... and they were never supernatural. Therapy sessions for other things helped me realize the reasons why I was looking to it, and it was pretty simple. I had never been in control of the things and events in my life. I had no say over anything about me. I felt out of control of my own life, and believing in the supernatual and a belief system that could control and direct those things made be feel like I was in control of my life. The problem is that I wasn't, and pretending that I was only made problems get worse because I wasn't doing anything that actually solved any problems.

• amiable atheist
    amiable atheist

Ex-JW Annoni Mowse on "Superstition, Demons & Jehovah's Witnesses"

https://youtu.be/5-cO_4SdChQ?t=48

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I'm leaning towards -> the universe is a computer simulation, many world's interpretation, and possible reincarnation of essence.

I leave a little room for the belief in the paranormal and don't categorically deny it as a fraud or a hokes which some of it is but not all of it, my dear Watson.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I've personally witnessed too much to not believe in spirits or whatever you want to call them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit